Monsoon G4x +5V supply measuring 7V

JohnnyD902

I was trying to diagnose a 5V Analog Supply Fault (code 74).  I was measuring the input voltage at each sensor at 7.06V.  I disconnected the circuits connected to pin 32 at the Monsoon and the voltage coming out of the Monsoon at pin 32 is 7.06V.   Everything I read says it should be 4.9-5.1V.

What could I be doing wrong?

No, but I cut my butt connector off the original Link A loom.  I haven't touched the pins of the A loom.  I also noticed that both my ECU ground wires run to grounds on the engine.  I'll fix that but I don't that is making a difference with the engine off. 

Both grounds to the engine is fine.  I think the next step is to do as I mentioned above, pull the 5V wire out of the ecu plug and probe directly to the ecu pin, this is the only way to remove all possibilities of a short in the loom.  The wires pull out easy - if you dont know how, here is a quick video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MnJlNTBhX_ccv40PbVgIi9XTy4HbXEfJ/view?usp=sharing

I pulled the terminal out of the connector at pin 32. I was eventually able to measure the voltage at the pin 32 at 6.95V.  I will say that it’s very hard to perfectly pick up the pin with a needle probe on my multimeter.   I had to fish around to get a real reading off the pin.

Any other ideas?

That would indicate something has failed in the ecu I think.  Better contact [email protected] to get it returned and inspected.

Oh, the other thing you could do if you want to go one step further would be remove the ecu from the car, power it up on the bench with one 12V on pin 5 and Gnd on pin 34.  Then connect a laptop and see what the 5V output runtime shows.