HELP WITH START UP AND IDLE

Justin Penev

Hi guys i just installed a link G4X plug n play for my m50b25tu engine running 262/256 cams and volvo s80 injectors (24.8lbhr) Iv installed the base map plugin but the car runs terribly, and will not start unless i press the accelerator please see attached Log file and base map 

Kind regards Justin  

BMW E36 7Bar G4X Xtreme Plugin base map.pclx PC Datalog - 2022-01-24 1;21;13 pm.llgx

So you've installed injectors that are ~1.5 times bigger and haven't touched the fuel table, I would recommend starting by changing your master fuel value to 14ms. The cams will mean you will need to alter the fuel table as well as they will change the volumetric efficiency of the engine from factory.

I would also highly recommend installing a wideband sensor and controller and wiring it to the ECU.

And if you are worried about your factory fuel usage gauge being active you will need to alter the GP PWM 1 DC table to reflect the increased flow rate of the new injectors.

40 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

So you've installed injectors that are ~1.5 times bigger and haven't touched the fuel table, I would recommend starting by changing your master fuel value to 14ms. The cams will mean you will need to alter the fuel table as well as they will change the volumetric efficiency of the engine from factory.

I would also highly recommend installing a wideband sensor and controller and wiring it to the ECU.

And if you are worried about your factory fuel usage gauge being active you will need to alter the GP PWM 1 DC table to reflect the increased flow rate of the new injectors.

Thank you for the reply I have installed a wideband and link lambda unit which is all wired up to the ecu not sure if its working however.  

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

So did you check base timing?  

Did you try lowering master fuel further?  Adjust master until it runs smoothest.  

I haven't touched base timing, how should i do this ? sorry this is my first time doing this so i have no idea what I'm doing. I'm hoping cam timing isn't out..... ill try and lower master fuel further tomorrow and see if that works. Thank you for you help.