Subaru fuel pump control

Mattg1994

Hi Guys

I've wired a G4X Fury into my 06 Subaru WRX. Having issues with the fuel pump. I have wired the fuel pump to Aux 1 and set it up as a 3 Speed PWM Module. The fuel pump just constantly primes with Ign on, even set to 1s prime time.

I have tried to set the Active state between Low and High and this just stop the pump priming completely.

I have wired it to the factory FP speed wire at the factory ECU plug which then goes through a relay and to the controller.

I have a surge tank which uses the ground from the factory pump wiring to switch a relay and run the surge tank pump. This worked fine before on my plugin ecu but now seems to want to run non-stop even with the key off - this may be a separate issue or possibly my FPC has shit the bed.

Any help is appreciated.

File attached.

Subaru Impreza EZ30 pre-start.pclx

7 hours ago, Mattg1994 said:

I have wired it to the factory FP speed wire at the factory ECU plug which then goes through a relay and to the controller.

It shouldn't go through a relay, it is just a low current signal.  

Active state should be high for the Subaru FPC.

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

It shouldn't go through a relay, it is just a low current signal.  

Active state should be high for the Subaru FPC.

Hi Adam

Are you suggesting to bypass the factory relay? This worked fine on the plugin g4+ that I had previously so I am guessing now that maybe it is a grounding issue as I haven't altered the circuit whatsoever, the wiring diagram that I found shows no grounding through the ecu for the fuel pump though which is why this is strange. 

Factory wiring diagram is below - all I have done is cut pin C12 and connected it to Aux 1, Pin B33 is shown as open circuit on the motec pinout that I have been using so I haven't connected this to anything.

I will look for a grounding issue today and report back.

my06_fuel_pump_bcfd62733f63b83652deabb433bb5824254877b2.png

It was more how you worded it that the fuel pump speed wire goes through the relay.  The relay is switched on by the ign switch and just supplies power to the pump controller.  The speed signal goes straight from ecu to FPC.

FYI, the aux runtime status showing "fault" is normal with the Subaru fpc, this is because they clamp the voltage at 7V so the ecu interprets this as a fault. They still work completely fine like this however.

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

It was more how you worded it that the fuel pump speed wire goes through the relay.  The relay is switched on by the ign switch and just supplies power to the pump controller.  The speed signal goes straight from ecu to FPC.

FYI, the aux runtime status showing "fault" is normal with the Subaru fpc, this is because they clamp the voltage at 7V so the ecu interprets this as a fault. They still work completely fine like this however.

Ah, my mistake. All seems to be fixed now, I'm guessing it was a grounding issue. The motor got it's first start and everything seems to be working perfectly. I am stuck on the internal wideband setup though. I am assuming I am supposed to set up Lambda 1 as internal which I have done but the Lambda just reads 0 and there is no Lambda 1 in the runtime list. Could this be caused by a faulty sensor or is there more setup involved? Lambda 1 status is reading "OK".