Bosch Motorsport 1650cc Genuine Non Modified Injector Data (0280158333)

Mcfly94

Hi guys,

Now I've searched the internet far and wide to ensure, including documentation provided by Injector Supplier (Quickbitz VIC, Australia) I bought a flow matched set of Bosch Motorsport 1650cc Injectors to replace my Sonic Performance 'Modified' 1250cc Injectors (Which have a modified nozzle, and supplied with no data on purchase) 

Bosch Injector Part Numbers: 0280158333 / INJ-223

Hopefully this discussion will aid others in future; not only on the Link Platform.

Can someone confirm the following settings are accurate? Car is tuned in Modelled Multi Fuel and fairly good tune so hoping I can change injectors and data and get the car running in the ballpark.

Firstly the flow matched set I have a report of 0% variance which is great.
Quickbitz flow bench reports these as 1600cc Injector @4bar fuel pressure and Michael approximates them to be 1400cc at @3bar.

Given his approximation i did some further research to find an accurate 3bar flow rating; where Goleby's QLD Australia has rated them at 1462cc @3bar.

From my understanding it would not matter if my tune setup was input at 300kpa/1462cc or 400kpa/1600cc, the end result would be the same? Any who I've opted to setup the Injector Setup - with Injector Rated Fuel Pressure 300kpa & Flow @ Rated Pressure 1462cc.

With the injector dead time table I've found a few different tables that apparently apply to these 1650cc Injectors 

Golebys provide the following and Raceworks do the same.

Bosch 1650cc Stainless Injector E85 0280158333

However a Bosch Motorsport 'Document' I was provided with had some slightly different values, I decided to go with the Goleby's & Raceworks injector dead time data as it appears to be most used in the community.

I've entered this data as follows:

My current 1250cc Injectors are setup without using the Short Pulse Width Adder Table however I was given documentation for a Short Pulse Width Adder Table for the 1650ccs . This info was a lot harder to find online so was hard to compare the table with any other source.

The table provided:

Now I know the use of the table and it's overall affect its dependant on Injector Size and Cylinder Size.
My current motor 6686cc and 1250cc injectors even warm idle, the injector operates around 2.2ms; so still below the 4ms general threshold.

I've entered the data for the S.P.A into the software but curious on its accuracy? Anyone have some conflicting data?

Hopefully I've got the right info to change these injector's over and make some minor fuelling adjustments on the street.

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2022 at 2:18 PM, Mcfly94 said:

Hi guys,

Now I've searched the internet far and wide to ensure, including documentation provided by Injector Supplier (Quickbitz VIC, Australia) I bought a flow matched set of Bosch Motorsport 1650cc Injectors to replace my Sonic Performance 'Modified' 1250cc Injectors (Which have a modified nozzle, and supplied with no data on purchase) 

Bosch Injector Part Numbers: 0280158333 / INJ-223

Hopefully this discussion will aid others in future; not only on the Link Platform.

Can someone confirm the following settings are accurate? Car is tuned in Modelled Multi Fuel and fairly good tune so hoping I can change injectors and data and get the car running in the ballpark.

Firstly the flow matched set I have a report of 0% variance which is great.
Quickbitz flow bench reports these as 1600cc Injector @4bar fuel pressure and Michael approximates them to be 1400cc at @3bar.

Given his approximation i did some further research to find an accurate 3bar flow rating; where Goleby's QLD Australia has rated them at 1462cc @3bar.

From my understanding it would not matter if my tune setup was input at 300kpa/1462cc or 400kpa/1600cc, the end result would be the same? Any who I've opted to setup the Injector Setup - with Injector Rated Fuel Pressure 300kpa & Flow @ Rated Pressure 1462cc.

With the injector dead time table I've found a few different tables that apparently apply to these 1650cc Injectors 

Golebys provide the following and Raceworks do the same.

Bosch 1650cc Stainless Injector E85 0280158333

However a Bosch Motorsport 'Document' I was provided with had some slightly different values, I decided to go with the Goleby's & Raceworks injector dead time data as it appears to be most used in the community.

I've entered this data as follows:

My current 1250cc Injectors are setup without using the Short Pulse Width Adder Table however I was given documentation for a Short Pulse Width Adder Table for the 1650ccs . This info was a lot harder to find online so was hard to compare the table with any other source.

The table provided:

Now I know the use of the table and it's overall affect its dependant on Injector Size and Cylinder Size.
My current motor 6686cc and 1250cc injectors even warm idle, the injector operates around 2.2ms; so still below the 4ms general threshold.

I've entered the data for the S.P.A into the software but curious on its accuracy? Anyone have some conflicting data?

Hopefully I've got the right info to change these injector's over and make some minor fuelling adjustments on the street.

Did you ever get this setup I have the same injectors and struggling to get my car tuned