Nissan avcs tune with dual tables

KennyJ

Hi all,

i have tuned some nissan vct engines in the past
cam solenoid triggered by rpm and tps
not only on rpm as it was floating in the rpm range as it was "to effcient" ---so i added tps

by doing that i created another problem : when having higher idle in coldstart it would go extremely rich as the rpm's were up , it was in the cells where vct normally is active resulting in a rich mixture

so the i altered the warmup table by solenoid state(on/off) vs ect temp. that worked

i later added idle ignition timing as it sometimes still needed -12 degree to settle down on idle.

not long ago i saw a video of a honda guy with a link , those guys have 2 seperate tables(vtec on/off) for fuel and spark

would i be able to set it up like that on a nissan engine ? or why is that a bad idea

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your original post.  Yes you can use the dual fuel and dual ignition tables and switch between using the VTC status if you wish.  Having said that, I have never needed 2 tables with the VTC Nissans (SR & RB) as the difference is usually pretty small and you can take care of it well enough with a single map.  I usually dont engage VTC until around 1800-2000 so cold start wouldnt reach that area of the map.