Link Extreme wiring 3UZ - Toyota Truck

Brian Huebner

I own a 91' Toyota 4×4 pickup that came with a 22-RE. At 320,000 miles and 31 years of ownership, I thought it was time to upgrade, and purchased a 3UZ-FE (2005 Soarer) and installed it using a bell housing/clutch kit to retain my five speed and transfer case. Cartunes in Australia suggested I  purchase a Link Extreme ECU, which I did. The 3UZ is complete with the stock ECU still attached. I need a pinout for the Link ECU telling me where each wire goes on the engine and chassis. 

I plan on running throttle by wire and cruise control, all four 02 sensors, VVTi, A/C and colling fans.

Seems that for $1,500 the ECU instructions would contain the pinout. Just need to know where every wire goes. (02, temp, knock, VVTi, oil, gas pedal etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

The help file in PC link has all the ECU wiring info and general info on connecting most common sensors.  It wont have much info specific to the 3UZ.  The ECU pinout is in the quickstart guide that comes in the box, if you didnt get that you can grab it from the webpage for the Storm ecu.  Typically the loom design would be done by someone familiar with standalone ECU wiring and would take significant research of the chassis and factory engine schematics to find pinouts for all factory sensors and plan it all out - where the splices need to be, which device gets power from where etc...  There are some resources online such as HP academy which will help you through the process but it will be a big learning curve for a 1 off.  

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Brian Huebner said:

I own a 91' Toyota 4×4 pickup that came with a 22-RE. At 320,000 miles and 31 years of ownership, I thought it was time to upgrade, and purchased a 3UZ-FE (2005 Soarer) and installed it using a bell housing/clutch kit to retain my five speed and transfer case. Cartunes in Australia suggested I  purchase a Link Extreme ECU, which I did. The 3UZ is complete with the stock ECU still attached. I need a pinout for the Link ECU telling me where each wire goes on the engine and chassis. 

I plan on running throttle by wire and cruise control, all four 02 sensors, VVTi, A/C and colling fans.

Seems that for $1,500 the ECU instructions would contain the pinout. Just need to know where every wire goes. (02, temp, knock, VVTi, oil, gas pedal etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

hi Brian,

I have recently completed the wiring for a 3uz to extreme. have you sorted out what you are doing yet? if not get in touch. [email protected]