Map limit activated only on high boost help please

Steven Wylie

Hi I have an Evo 7 long rod engine with an fp green turbo running 510bhp and has a vipec ecu but just recently when on high boost and 3rd gear onwards up the revs when near or on full boost it will give a quick cut out and comes up with map limit activated along with rpm limit activated on low boost it’s perfect seems to be no problems as I say only does this on high boost I have taken a couple logs for if anyone would like to have a look and give me some help with it thanks

steven 

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

MAP limit is what you may call the "boost cut".  So it is either over boosting or the MAP limit is set too low for the boost you are running.  

yeah i was thinking it was boost cut as it felt like that before plugging the laptop in. have posted up the last 3 logs i done to see if that helps to identify if over boosting or what the problem is. thanks

Log 6-04-22 6;59;59 pm HIGH BOOST.llg Log 6-04-22 7;05;58 pm HIGH BOOST 2.llg Log 3-04-22 HIGH BOOST.llg

Can confirm you are hitting the map limit.  Your limit is set to 325kpa and you are reaching about 320 in the log.  The MAP limit starts to kick in 10Kpa early so anything over 315kpa will trigger the cut.

So I suspect it is boosting more than it was when it was tuned.  Either the MAP limit will need to be changed or the boost control set up needs to be adjusted to lower the boost.  FYI, 320kpa MAP is about 31.7psi boost.  

X5O34es.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Can confirm you are hitting the map limit.  Your limit is set to 325kpa and you are reaching about 320 in the log.  The MAP limit starts to kick in 10Kpa early so anything over 315kpa will trigger the cut.

So I suspect it is boosting more than it was when it was tuned.  Either the MAP limit will need to be changed or the boost control set up needs to be adjusted to lower the boost.  FYI, 320kpa MAP is about 31.7psi boost.  

X5O34es.png

Ok that’s great thanks for having the time to take a look. At the time it was mapped it was just under 2 bar of boost it was ment to be on high boost. It’s running a Mac 3 port solenoid would the solenoid itself be faulty at all would you think. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Boost appears to be controlling ok so more likely just the tune needs refining.  Air temp isnt being compensated for or similar.  

Ok great thanks will get in touch with my tuner for some fine adjustments could be was quite warm on the day it was mapped aswell.