3S-GTE IDLE and Boost

RobGT4Fun

Good evening, Trying to clean up a few things on my engine. Gen 3 3S-GTE in my Celica ST205. Have idle set and working fairly well... until I turn on AC. Base Idle target is 800 with +50 compensation for AC on but engine revs to about 1200. Cant figure out why at this point. Have no additional fuel enrichments. ICV drops really low; 1% with AC on. 

The other issue I am running into is intermittent ignition cut under moderate acceleration that are very noticable. And random fuel cuts to 100% on log though have not seen or felt the effects of that going down road. I will have to upload that tomorrow or this weekend as my current log with that data is too large. 

raz1-adfAFR-wg100-aemcal1.pclx

I think possibly the idle valve is working back to front.  Is it still the 3 wire valve?  In the idle speed control setup try changing the aux 1 active state to low.  

I just remembered the factory ecu uses an extra air bleed solenoid for the AC idle up.  This is connected to Ign 4 which you have set to AC Clutch.  As far as I know Aux 6 should be set to AC Clutch.  So change AC clutch output to Aux 6 and give it a try

On 4/6/2022 at 10:06 PM, Adamw said:

I think possibly the idle valve is working back to front.  Is it still the 3 wire valve?  In the idle speed control setup try changing the aux 1 active state to low.  

I just remembered the factory ecu uses an extra air bleed solenoid for the AC idle up.  This is connected to Ign 4 which you have set to AC Clutch.  As far as I know Aux 6 should be set to AC Clutch.  So change AC clutch output to Aux 6 and give it a try

Well that worked for idle up control... But Aux6 did not actually engage AC and make it blow cold; Ign4 does. My work-around was take what has been done and remove idle up command from tune. This makes it idle up to about the right RPM (900ish) when AC is turned on.