getting gear position and speed to display in Stagea with mxs strada dash

oxford

hello all , my tuner is installing a new MXS strada 1.2 street version dash into my series 2 nissan stagea, it has a Storm X ecu piggy backing the standard ecu, and he has come into a couple of hurdles, the first one is getting the speed to display on the dash at all, and second one is getting the gear position to the dash, the transmission is a manual valve body automatic nissan box RE401B modified by MV Automatics in Adelaide.

if anybody has any tips or tricks that they are aware of would be an amazing help, if i have to i will look at a gps antenna for the speedo side of things but as its another $500-ish i would like to try other things first?

Do you have the speed sensor connected to the ecu?

You are not going to be able to get gear to display as I would imagine only the trans ecu knows that.  Converter slip means the ecu or dash cant calculate gear from RPM and speed so the only option is some kind of signal from the gear selector if it has one.