S15 G4X plugin

Biased Opinion

After looking at the manual its clear that the DBW outputs Aux 9 and Aux 10 are not exposed on this ECU by default and the standard solution seems to be to either buy the DBW module or send the ECU back to link for them to add flying leads to add those outputs. Is it possible for me to just solder on flying leads to those pins. I assume the red daughterboard in the ECU is some standard part across all G4X plugs and that sits on the s15 specific board but has not had all possible outputs of a G4X exposed.

8 hours ago, Biased Opinion said:

I assume the red daughterboard in the ECU is some standard part across all G4X plugs and that sits on the s15 specific board but has not had all possible outputs of a G4X exposed.

Correct.  Often it is a combination of how many spare pins are available on the main header and how long ago the adapter board was designed.  Most of our recent ones have aux 9/10 available on an expansion connector but the S15 bottom board hasnt been updated recently to add that.  

Yes I could give you information to do the mod yourself, but you would lose the warranty if you done that.  

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

Correct.  Often it is a combination of how many spare pins are available on the main header and how long ago the adapter board was designed.  Most of our recent ones have aux 9/10 available on an expansion connector but the S15 bottom board hasnt been updated recently to add that.  

Yes I could give you information to do the mod yourself, but you would lose the warranty if you done that.  

Thats fine, are there any other outputs that are not exposed via the headers on the bottom board?