Fault settings and errors

rkde

I am about to change the Vipec out to a later link model but until I have time to map it I have a question regarding the fault settings.

The ECU has always had a 75 & 76 error showing and I wanted to clear it or at least find the fault and make it go away (fix the car) The wiring loom has been changed since the fault showed and the throttle body has been changed. I took the approach of putting the ECU back to factory R53 base map which didn't clear those faults but added code 28, AN volt 7 above, code 14, An volt 2 below zero, and code 35, AN volt 9 below zero

2 is my map sensor and I have no idea why the ECU thinks there is a fault as logged data through the ECU and through an external scope never goes out of range. Fault settings set 0~5V 

7 is my wideband again when off it sits at 5V as there is no fuel in being sensed so correct with fault settings error low 0 and error high 5v 

9 is driving me insane as that is switched off and is not used but still shows an error

The puzzle for me is I backed the settings up, saved them, factory reset the ECU loaded the file back and gained the three faults + the throttle, change the throttle peddle and all DBW faults have gone so it was a faulty peddle. 

Now very perplexed that I have 3 faults gained by resetting the ECU - I am sure I am missing a setting which became factory reset which has decided to throw up these faults - I know the best thing is to remove the ECU and replace it but I haven't the time to do it just this moment.

Serial 12842 with firmware 4.10.2 V88 top board, 

Any ideas on what setting I have changed to enhance my error list would be appreciate. OR is it possible to switch the CAN reporting of errors off to make my MOT easier...

01012022.pcl

So if you clear those faults they come back right away?  Can you give us a log?

2 hours ago, rkde said:

2 is my map sensor and I have no idea why the ECU thinks there is a fault as logged data through the ECU and through an external scope never goes out of range. Fault settings set 0~5V 

In the map you attached above your MAP sensor is assigned to AN Volt 1.

Hi Adam,

Yes you are right, I think I meant to say originally on the base map there was a map sensor in AN V2 which I do not have and have switched it off. 

I should have said fault AN V2 and AN V9 are switched off and are reporting low errors 

The cleared down faults are immediate to return once cleared every time without the car running etc. I do not have a log yet but I am going to take the car out for a drive today and will take the laptop and log the drive. The puzzle for me is these faults only happened after performing a factory reset and for the last 3 years have been fine. 

last night I decided to go back out after posting the first post and reset the ecu to a blank file, added the R53 CAN to get the gauges working and added a couple of sensors - not enough to drive but wanted to prove to myself that it is something in the file wrong and not the hardware or wiring - a blank file does not bring up the fault log so whatever is going on is in my map, also by adding my wideband to a blank file does not report a over volt error...

I will log and we can go from there and I am sure it is simple but as I spent nearly an hour trying to find where the fault parameters hide I am sure I am missing something...

I done a "Restore to factory settings" on a V88 here then loaded your map in, it appears to all work ok for me.  What does your event log show - does it say "fault codes cleared successfully" after you clear them?

One thing you could try is temporarily enabling those AN Volt inputs that are turned off (say set to Voltage 0-5V).  Change the fault settings to something different then do a store.  After that change back to low = 0.00 and high = 5.00 and set the AN Volt back to off. Clear faults, do a store, then power cycle.  See if they come back then.  

I will give that a go, I honestly can't recall what is says so I will need to test. I know when I clear the faults the log is just a white screen then within 2 seconds the 3 faults have popped back. I will do some more playing