GP RPM Limits

thedbaz

Hello,

i am using GP RPM Limit 1 to cut the fuel and rpm down if a lean condition occurs.

i am using GP RPM Limit 2 to cut the ignition and rpm down via a DI on the clutch for flat foot shifting.

i have since added an oil pressure sensor and i would like to set a RPM limit or engine kill or something that will reduce the rpm or shut the engine down if oil pressure falls. similar to the example in the manual for engine protection.

thank you for the help!!

image.thumb.png.dd8e5a8009923b060b6a4cc04a0af1e1.png

Nissan 350Z Manual trans quad VVT 7Bar G4X Xtreme Plugin - 600cc - AFR Traget - Fuel Table - IGN Table - 20220514 - 2108.pclx TimRod 2 LayOut Knock Normalized - 20220517.llfx

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

Hi, I there a reason why your Gear Shift Control settings are locked

If you're opening a 6.21 or earlier basemap with 6.22 or later PCLink the gearshift settings will be locked as the gearshift in 6.22 is completely redone.

For your clutch cut the other option is to turn on the "dual tables" option for the main RPM limit.  You then have two 3D tables you can use.  You could use the clutch to activate the 2nd table or just put clutch on one axis of one table.  You can then use GP limit 2 for your oil press safety.

Hi Adam, thanks.

so i think i interrupted your correctly.

turn on dual tables. 

set the activation as DI9.

set table to to have no y axis and set x axis as tps and then fill the chart back out.

then set gp rpm limit table 2 to oil pressure vs rpm and fill the chart out. any suggestions on filling the chart out? i just kinda put some numbers in there for now.

what im not sure on is setting up the parameters for the gp rpm limit 2. for the clutch, i didnt want any delay in cut.

for this though, i added the startup delay for when the motor starts. i changed it to fuel cut instead of ignition cut, but left everything else the same.

is there anything else i should change?

now for the rpm limit two table when its active, it will take on the characteristics of the RPM limit configuration correct?

so the delays in that table will now apply, which is not something im sure i would want. its also on fuel cut instead of ignition cut.

the other way i could interrupt your message is to not have a dual table activation and then have the RPM Limit table 2 have the clutch on the x axis and tps on the y axis and then fill it out just like i had it before.

would that still activate when the clutch is pushed in? even though an activation isnt set in the setup?

thank you for the all the help!!

image.thumb.png.aefecc43d50690adf71516adda0a2f5b.png

TimRod 2 LayOut Knock Normalized - 20220519.llfx Nissan 350Z Manual trans quad VVT 7Bar G4X Xtreme Plugin - 600cc - AFR Traget - Fuel Table - IGN Table - 20220519 - 0825.pclx