Basemap Injector Timing question for 104x

Wildt267

I'm trying to trouble shoot poor fuel economy on my 06 Sti with the 104x box.  I have been using an injector timing value determined via a tutorial from an online tuning course utilizing numbers from my cam card.  I ended up with 353 btdc end of injection.  I looked at the link basemap for my application and it is 470.  I was hoping an engineer could give me some more insight in this matter before i spend hours tweaking the settings.   Other relevant info is: aem series wideband wired in via can.  Lambda mode set to auto.  Afr's track target map pretty closely at 11:1afr past 15psi  MGP.  On previous aftermarket ecu same mechanical configuration yielded 15-16 mpg.  Currently getting 9 mpg under less load.

Thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, Wildt267 said:

I'm trying to trouble shoot poor fuel economy on my 06 Sti with the 104x box.  I have been using an injector timing value determined via a tutorial from an online tuning course utilizing numbers from my cam card.  I ended up with 353 btdc end of injection.  I looked at the link basemap for my application and it is 470.  I was hoping an engineer could give me some more insight in this matter before i spend hours tweaking the settings.   Other relevant info is: aem series wideband wired in via can.  Lambda mode set to auto.  Afr's track target map pretty closely at 11:1afr past 15psi  MGP.  On previous aftermarket ecu same mechanical configuration yielded 15-16 mpg.  Currently getting 9 mpg under less load.

Thank you for your time.

afr in boost is not really relevant to MPG unless your always in boost... just post up a log of at least 10-15 min of normal driving conditions with the current map. 

Injector timing will also unlikely make a lot of difference.  More likely something that more significantly impacts torque production - for example ignition timing or cam timing is not at MBT.   Make sure lambda target is close to stoich in all normal driving ranges - generally you can keep it stoich up to around say 80kpa MAP.

Best injector timing at idle can be determined by moving the injector timing up or down until the lambda shows the richest value (CLL off).  The injection angle where you get richest lambda means the fuel is being used most efficiently.