300zx z32 twin turbo

Zorro3175

I need help with mapping the ecu to my car, i have used the nissan 300zx base map and made the adjustments for fueling to get within the lambda, but i cant hit any sort of positive boost pressure without missfiring so think timing is out on map and at the minute it is undrivable to remapping place, 

Quick run down is:- 300 zx z32 vg30dett, forged pistons and rods, rebuilt turbos, large fmic, seperate 2.5"exhaust, 740cc injectors ptu2 fitted uprated coil packs, running map sensor, innovate wideband, link air intake temp sensor, fuel temp sensor, fuel pressure 3.5bar on idle with a 1.1 raising fpr, egr delete decat system, on a manual box, hit only 3 psi before hitting misfire hesitation and plugs all good,

Can anyone of you help adjust my tables if i send pcl and log files please 

Hi anyone willing and able to help with my map on a 300zx vg30dett, running 740cc injectors, i cant hit any positive boost pressure as i get hesitation/misfire, i think its timing map as my fueling is fine and within lambda settings

02.06.2022.pclr

** Note this post was merged by a moderator from a separate thread since it was related to the same subject and user**

hi i have attached the map and log i did with the car on a short drive and as you can see the log shows it only gets upto 20psi (14,3 none boost so about 5psi boost pressure) the base map is one supplied by link with the ecu just changed to run on the 740cc injectors and to try and keep fueling around 1.000 lambda or just under, 

02.06.2022.pclr Log 2022-06-2 8;17;53 pm.llg

hi yes the ignition timing on the cas and the ecu have been synced correctly even checked directly on cylinder on with a Ht lead between coil pack and spark plug so i get a direct timing for the spark, ignition timing has been set to 15 BTDC as per manufacture information

Looks like it is just way too rich to me, anywhere that you are on boost the lambda is 0.6-0.7, you will have trouble lighting that up.  Around the area in your fuel table where the numbers jump from 83 to 110%.

3bcGfCI.png

Hi anyone else got any advice or willing to help please, i was kinda hoping actually joining a forum for the company who makes the ecu someone would have the same car and sort of setup and be willing to help a novice stand aloner 

I have a Z32 aswell, and I've found this forum to be extremely helpful.

You are not going to be able to copy and paste a fuel table in and expect it to be any better than what you have now, you need to follow the advice, spend the time and get numbers in boxes that suit your setup.

Thats what im trying to do but would also like help with the timing map and any other settings on here as dont want to risk the engine driving it to a mapper which is over 100 miles away, so any help is really appreciated to get it as good and drivable as possible and give the mapper less work 

If your mapper cant provide you a safe transit map you should re-think your choices.

2nd.. you are boosting an untuned engine and have no tuning experience .. why ?

If you want to learn.. Evans Performance and/or HP Academy is the way to do it.

Right just like it seems on here the mapper does not have a safe map laying about for the same hardware i have installed on my engine, 

As for boosting it well i am not trying to go to 1.2 bar boost only factory 0.7 to ensure my pipes and turbos are all working correctly which should be ok on short drives, 

I have watched videos with regards to tuning but yet again they are based on other cars and other engines not the vg30dett, hence why i came on here to ask for help, not to be judged or slated, this is a LINK forum for the LINK ecu of which they do for my car and engine so kinda hoped someone out there could help and give proper advice. Guess this is why i dont join forums 

Have you actually done what Adam suggested? Because that was the last piece of advice given, then you've come back and have complained that no one is helping, even though you've not said whether you've tried the last suggestion or not.

If your goal is to drive it to a tuner, then you should be disabling all boost control, being extremely careful on the throttle pedal, and if you want, set up a MAP limit to limit you going too far into boost if for some reason you can't control yourself.

With this, almost any tune that will run the car will get you there.

Or, you hire the equipment or employ someone to transport it to the tuner for you.

You've been given some help from the manufacturer, there is also the best Help/documentation I've ever seen for any product, ever, right there in the PC Link application, just by pressing the F1 button.

Hi yes i have been doing what adam has suggested which is helpful and boost control has been disabled so it is only going to go to factory actuator pressure, i still seem to get a hesitation and missfire which is making me think timing map as the timing map being used is the factory base map for 370cc standard injectors not for 740cc, so wanted help from anyone who could help verify some timing table settings to help run better as it seems my knock sensor settings are currently off and dont want to risk knock, 

I understand i am getting some help just dont appreciate the judgemental comments from someone who isnt putting in any helpful advice, i apologize for coming across abrupt, i am a novice to standalone ecu tuning and want to get it right and safe 

hi yes it seems to be improving on drive ability which is great but anything thing i have noticed is as soon as i let off the throttle to coast my lambda goes total lean to over 1.5 and puts engine management light on but as soon as i touch the peddle the lambda comes back up normal,  i am still tweaking a few bits but it is definitely getting better following adams advice

This is overrun fuel cut.  Obviously lambda will read lean when there is no fuel and only air going through the engine.  The CE lamp you will have to check is the software whether it is set up as a CE lamp function or something else.