Issues with updating firmware?

k4nnon

Hey all, is anyone else having issue with updating the firmware when using a newer computer? Im having issues for the second time while trying to update to the new PCLink software and then updating the firmware with my link g4x ecu. I previously had the same issue when doing the last firmware update and i ended up having to use an older computer to push the update through.

PCLink download was successful and easy both times but when I try to update the firmware I get a Firmware Updater not responding message and then after a few seconds I get and unsuccessful message and to cycle the key and try again.

Im going to try the older computer again and see if this solves the update issue again,,, Im hoping it does lol, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had issues..

Thanks all!!!

In the connection settings try changing the port from auto to both USB and the correct com port option, you may find one will give a more reliable connection.  

On 6/10/2022 at 8:23 PM, Adamw said:

In the connection settings try changing the port from auto to both USB and the correct com port option, you may find one will give a more reliable connection.  

Thanks Adam, you have actually helped me out with this same issue before. I ended up having success both times with using an older computer with an older version of windows. I figure its my newer computer giving issues somewhere. Iv tried all the different ports and settings and when everything is working i dont really see any difference in using different ports or settings then what i already have. This may make a difference when trying to update firmware. Ill have to try that the next time i have a firmware update. Thanks again!!