CAN communication with AEM MXS dash

Jared

For some reason my Fury ECU doesn't appear to talk to my AEM dash over CAN. I'm confident it's wired correctly. I'm using pin 3 (CAN H) & pin 4 (CAN L) on the communications port. PC Link CAN setup as below. Yet on configuring the channels in the dash software I'm getting nothing displayed.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.3da4979acfccf01670895cd455473266.png

Thanks for your reply Adam. 

I'm using a PCB cable to plug into the communication port on the ECU. The other end I've chopped and connected the white(CAN H) and green (CAN L) wires to the blue (CAN L) and white (CAN H) on the AEM dash loom. 

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

***Added later***  Also, Check your ECU firmware is at least 5.6.6, Im pretty sure the MXS stream was only added around then.  

So is it a Link branded dash?  Is the ECU stream set to "Link-CAN BUS BASE LCC" in the dash config?

If you've got a multimeter handy you could also unplug the dash 14pin plug and measure voltage between pin 2 & 8 (Gnd & CAN H), then between 2 & 9 (Gnd & CAN L) with the ignition on.  You should have >~3V on CAN H and <~2V on CAN L.  

Thanks again for the prompt response. Problem solved!

It is a Link branded AEM MXS dash. Issue was the ECU stream. This was set to "Link-CAN FULL LCC". Have corrected this and we have communication.

Can you assist with the Race Studio software? Having some issues with the fuel level calibration. Nothing to do with the ECU as this an analogue input directly to the dash.