Dash drops out when wideband is connected.

Silvia86

Hi, i have link g4x monsoon, which is connected to a haltech iq3 dash (later version with the v2 protocol) and also uses a haltech wb1 wideband (both connected via can) the dash has worked flawlessly up until the wideband is connected and the engine running (the dash communicates with the wideband connected when the engine is not running), at which point the communication with the dash stops and any values that were displayed count back to zero. The dash works correctly engine running with the wideband not connected. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Regards. 

TBH, im not sure, ecu was supplied with the engine. The link website only lists a monsoon in G4X and it looks the same as the picture, EFI isnt really my specialty so im learning as im going and if there's a difference im honestly unaware of there being one.

Thanks

Yeah you have an older G4+ ecu.  There is nothing wrong with your CAN set up in the ECU, but there are odd CAN errors showing in the runtimes.  Form error and Stuff error usually means something on the bus is not following the rules.  Im suspicious maybe the dash is broadcasting a message out on one of the ID's that the CAN lambda uses - so they are clashing.  Unfortunately I dont have a racepak dash to test and their documentation has always been very lacking.  

Is your dash the IQ3 street with the 34pin connector on the back?

interesting, i have been tossing up whether to change it to the strada dash, perhaps now is as better time than ever! 

as for the iq3, it would be 30 something pins, it is the later v2 version which has the built in can rather than needing the vnet expansion if that helps

thanks for your time so far mate, appreciate it