CAN expansion IO link atom

cws_nz

Hi All 

I'm looking at the possibility to rejig my setup a bit currently got a G4+ atom running my turbo holden 202, if its possible to get reasonable functionality the idea of using an ecu master can switchboard to give me an additional few inputs and outputs (adding fuel and oil pressures, extra 2 fan relays, and 2x general DI, iv read the AVI cant be scaled so would just be raw voltage in a table axis (no issue there I can work out the conversion volts/pressure). 

Also running a new Link can gauge, still playing with setup on that, not sure if I  can configure and scale a voltage to read pressure on that from the CAN data stream from the switchboard.

if its all going to get too complicated a g4x monsoon might be the better way to spend the $$

Sounds like that would work.  The G4+ does actually have Oil & Fuel press CAN inputs so they will work just like hardwired AN Volt inputs (except no error/fault settings for failed sensors or lost CAN bus).  

There is a uk company that make a header and enclosure for the ECUm switchboard to make it a bit more finished:    https://rkde.ecwid.com/RKDE-Canbus-I-O-expansion-unit-p347885147

Hadn't seen that one looks like a neat little package, need to weigh up the cost of that over going to a monsoon (plus monsoon gets the better features for launch etc. ) and i'd have to  learn my  way around the CAN addressing. I do have another engine the atom can go on would be a nice upgrade over the 1980s delco 808 for ease of tuning