ECU Wiring Questions.

SodaRabbit

I'm currently in the process of finishing up some wiring and I have a couple questions. I'm setting up my staged fuel pump setup and I was looking to wire the Aux 8 for my 12v switch, is there specific wire pins I can crimp or solder to the board? 

My other question regarding the flex fuel sensor and boost controller solenoid, would it be fine to use the DI 9 or DI 10 for the signal? 

I have this CAN connector currently not being used would it be easier to use this with my boost controller? 

Thanks for the help!!!

image.png.0db79a8b0b7ca270edbf95f6a8f65357.png

0?ui=2&ik=3b7a67847f&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1736662894194062964&th=1819ddb37709f674&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8hwNjWnwtvtIxZVE6IFPqbUpOirUORUS8zUQsH7LHdcXIV4E7KTGE2bYJtq7_1QmcozjlQzp-1i59dB2XBQbXNTpMcUZ_3UKsEegJSg_xGn4MMddWCxg_ET6s&disp=emb

Sounds like you are confused.  

First of all, what ecu do you have?

For the fuel pump the ECU aux switches the ground side of the fuel pump relay.   

qhd4XNM.png

The boost solenoid is wired similar to the fuel pump relay - Ign switched +12V to one wire on the solenoid, the other wire connected to an ECU aux.

The flex fuel sensor signal gets connected to a DI.  

image.png.b2a963f8d0040747fe26dcf00d2db77e.png

The CAN connector cant be used for any of these devices.  

I just realized that link was not working, here is the picture. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ieu1f4X4uNvJbU2_Jd6NH4cLC-feDQHL/view?usp=sharing

I have the relay all wired up for the secondary fuel pump I just need to wire the 12v to trigger it to power the pump with certain conditions via ECU. Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, SodaRabbit said:

I have the relay all wired up for the secondary fuel pump I just need to wire the 12v to trigger it to power the pump with certain conditions via ECU. Thanks for the help!

As I said above the ecu switches the ground for the relay on and off, not the 12V side.  The 12V for the relay needs to come from the ignition switch or similar.  You would use Aux 8 to switch the relay ground on/off.   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1da20J62Jhg90Oa9ZBlrxjQgRoAE51jWD/view?usp=sharing

Above is the wiring diagram for my setup.

Okay it makes sense now so all I need to do is connect my (relay 2) pin 85 to ignition 12v and the pin 86 to the Aux output. Would it be fine to wire 85 in with my primary (relay 1) 12v ignition?

51 minutes ago, SodaRabbit said:

Would it be fine to wire 85 in with my primary (relay 1) 12v ignition?

Yes, provided that relay turns off at the same time as the ecu is turned off.  

Your google drive link is restricted, you need to right click on it and go to share and set it to "anyone with link" or something like that.