Evo X APS Static voltage vr4link G4+

Anfurnyy

I'm converting my 1g to DBW using an Exo x APS and Bosch throttle body and having issues with the Accelerator Pedal

The throttle body seems to work correctly and is able to calibrate without any errors, but the APS sub and main are stuck on a static voltage of ~1.41v all the time whether the pedal is pressed in or not. 

I verified that both 5v wires on the connector are getting 5v, I've verified that they are sensor grounded and have good continuity (.4 Ohm on both Sensor grounds via back probing to the ecu Sensor ground pin), I pack probed both the APS Main and APS Sub outputs from the APS harness and they both show ~1.41v No matter what. I tried another Evo x Pedal and got the same results. 
Tried swapping the APS outputs to An volt 9 and 10 and got the same issue. 

I triple checked the wiring diagram for the Evo X APS and its correct
The 5v source and Sensor grounds are off the expansion harness for both the APS and the Throttle body
EvoX-DBW-pedal-connector-pinout-copy-600x450.jpg.a98898725aacbe502da5ecd08a37d81e.jpg

At this point i'm not sure if both pedals are somehow bad or if im doing something wrong with the settings in link. 
I've attached the log file, I tried to capture everything in the logging menu but i'm not sure if i did or not. I've also attached my tune file as well. 

Thanks for any help

ethrottle troubleshoot tune file.pclr ETHROTTLE TROUBLESHOOTING log.llg

Static voltage would suggest the pinout is wrong.  I have seen some mitsi wiring diagrams that have the numbering reversed compared to what is molded on the connector so the first thing I would try is reverse the pinout - ie swap position 6 with position 1. 

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

Static voltage would suggest the pinout is wrong.  I have seen some mitsi wiring diagrams that have the numbering reversed compared to what is molded on the connector so the first thing I would try is reverse the pinout - ie swap position 6 with position 1. 

I swapped them and the output voltage reads 0v all times now

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

I think I got it. I reversed all the pins 6=1 5=2 and so on and the voltage is now linear when pressing the pedal.