Tacho retrofit motor from Ford

LEIGH211

Hi I have a old datsun 280zx and been unsuccessful with the tacho convenrtion using original and voltage spike devices to trigger. :(

I have some old ford fester gauges I've taken apart.

Has anyone got any clues on how to drive it? Looks like it's just two coils with 4 connections?.

plan is to get it working then replace datsun tacho electronics to give a retro look. 

Im also running realdash and windows 10 tablet. Engine is 2jz  nat with link fury g4+.

Tha ks leigh 

20220803_183623.jpg

20220803_183652.jpg

20220803_183634.jpg

15 hours ago, LEIGH211 said:

Has anyone got any clues on how to drive it? Looks like it's just two coils with 4 connections?.

I imagine there would be a driver chip on the pcb somewhere.  

What did you try for a booster device?  I have never had much trouble getting high level tachos to work.  Did the tacho used to connect to the negative or positive side of the coil originally?  

Hi Adam I made a tacho driver but suspect I had damaged the tacho using a standalone pwm driver prior to this at 5v (was working great) but couldn't work out how to do tacho pwm output. 

If you can recommend a small unit I can retro fit that works with the link output that would be awsome.  There is plenty of room in datsun cluster. 

Tha ks leigh

Tach-Driver.jpg