Link G4X Can network was working but not anymore

Pauly_FD

Hello I had purchased a jzx100 plug and play ecu and was having issues with the can network. turns out there were some issues with the board so i made it work a different way with the help of everyone on here. Now I have since gotten a replacement board with the can network setup up properly and in doing so I've lost my can communication again. Is there something I need to change now that the can network is corrected on this model? Maybe I should be changing the port its plugged into on the board? I have it in the CAN/RS232 port. 

Thank you 

PTC start file 4.7.1.pclx

Can you give me a bit more info on why the bottom board was changed?  It looks to me like you or someone else must have originally added wires or links to make the CAN1 port functional since the AEM device needs 500Kbit whereas the JZX bus on CAN2 runs at 1Mbit so you cant have them both connected to the same bus.  

But now you have replaced the board which means you are back to square 1 with no CAN1 access.  

Link had added the wires to the board to make it function and I was told the issue was resolved on the new board so I was shipped a brand new ecu so there wouldn't be any wire on the back side of my ecu. I really hope I'm not running into the exact same issue again. If that's the case and the new ecu won't work on either can network does that mean I have to re solder wires to my brand new ecu again? I must say thats a very upsetting situation if thats correct. 

Yeah something sounds very fishy here.  Do you have a record of your ticket number so I can look up more detail of what was discussed etc?  I asked the hardware guys before my last post if there was any recent changes to the JZX100 bottom board and they said no.  

20369 is the ticket number and I have a list of emails regarding the matter. I had really hoped that my reasons for replacing the board were understood but I guess not. Thank you for the help. And I hope I get some good news from your reply.

Could I use the 0-5v and RS232 Serial Port for my aem x series gauge and leave can 2 network alone for the car? I'm not exactly sure what can 2 is used for on the jzx100 but I guess that's going to be my only option in making it work as can 1 and can 2 cant be used at the same time with different items. 

20369 is from back in may and I suspect that was for the original mod we done to make the CAN 1 port work.  

To give you a bit of background in case it hasnt been explained to you properly;

There is a design oversight on the current JZX100 board, the CAN expansion socket that is available for connecting user accessories to is connected to CAN2, and CAN2 is also connected to another micro-controller on board that controls the temp gauge and AC.  This microcontroller for the temp gauge uses a bitrate of 1mbit, so that means anything else connected to CAN2 must also run at 1Mbit.  For 99% of users this creates no issue as most aftermarket devices either run at 1Mbit or can be set to run at that speed.  AEM is a bit unique in that they use 500Kbit and it is fixed/not configurable.  

In most of our plug-in ECUs we have CAN2 doing the chassis stuff and not available to the end user, and CAN1 is the one that is available to the user in the CAN expansion socket to do anything they like with it.  

So this is what we done in your ticket 20369, we disconnected CAN2 from the expansion socket and connected CAN1 to it instead so you can then use your AEM device at 500K plugged into the CAN expansion socket.  

It now seems like someone has given you some bad advice and replaced the board which puts you back to square one, with no CAN1 available, and only CAN2 which is not going to work with your AEM device.  So far I have only found communication of the original modification and I havent found anything relating to why the board was replaced etc.  

You are correct that ticket was for the repairs. I was talking with Jason Oefelein a member of your customer service with regards to have the ecu swapped out. Thank you for taking the time to explain why I'm having these issues. If I connect the can 1 the way it was done before would that mean I lose can 2 functions? Do you have any recommendations for correcting my problem here. Use the link can lambda so it can all communicate on can 2? 

6 hours ago, Pauly_FD said:

If I connect the can 1 the way it was done before would that mean I lose can 2 functions?

It looks like the mod they originally done they cut the CAN2 tracks to the exp socket so that CAN2 then only goes to the dash micro controller, then added wires to connect CAN1 to the exp socket.  So CAN2 still does the temp gauge/ac and the CAN exp socket with CAN1 can be used for anything.  

6 hours ago, Pauly_FD said:

Do you have any recommendations for correcting my problem here. Use the link can lambda so it can all communicate on can 2? 

How much urgency is there?  I could arrange to get the ecu back to NZ and modified like it was originally if you wish.  Yes any other CAN lambda device that runs at 1mbit would also solve the problem (Link/Haltech/Motec/Emtron)  

At this point after the confusion and unfortunate events that have taken place here there isn't much urgency. I would just like to have it working properly. I think before I send the ecu back to NZ and get it modified I would like to try the A 0-5V analog output. Do you have any experience with this method? will I notice a big difference in the tuning and drivability going to an analog method? Could you also show how that would be wired if its a possible option.