MX5NB1X Traction control

Panos MZR

Hello. My mx5 is eqquiped with stock abs and vr sensors. Can I tap on the atock abs sensors and use traction control from the ecu? If so where should the inputs be implemented? DI7-10 work?

Will it affect the stock abs system? 

Tooth count is 44 

I have put NB2 rear hubs on my NA and have one of the abs sensors hooked up to the ecu and working, I plan to add the fronts and use them for traction control too. Any DI input will work, I don't see a speed signal until around 15kph (due to voltage being below threshold) so if you want it to work at low speed you will need a comparator setup.

Assuming the stock abs system has one of the sensor wires grounded (instead of both floating) then you should be able to wire the grounded wire to your signal ground and the other to your DI input without causing abs fault codes, if both wires are floating then you will need a comparator setup to get differential voltage without pulling one to ground.

When I installed my zf gearbox I had to read speed via the wheel so I tapped on the stock abs sensor and had abs error codes. I then installed another standalone sensor on rear hub to work properly. This is what am afraid is going to happen with the Link. 

Most of the older cars like this are happy to share ABS sensors in my experience.  I suggest do a real crude test to confirm, it doesnt need to be flash, just grab a couple of pieces of wire, backprobe into a sensor connector or at the ABS plug, connect to the ecu and see what happens.  If you get an ABS light, then swap polarity and try again.