New configuration and quick tune

Timboj

Hi guys,

I'm putting the finishing touches on installing a supercharger kit on my 03 350Z. In terms of what's changed over stock, I'm running ID 1050X injectors, GTR coils, E85 (not flex yet) and of course boost. With the restrictor in place it will be limited to max 5-8 psi.

I went through the process of setting a decent driving base tune while the car was NA (but very much not stock) before I could get it to the tuner. I'd like to do the same this time around, but I was considering using the quick tune function this time around (or rough hybrid).

On it's current tune I assume it'll be running lean, although the jump from 330cc to 1050cc injectors might prove me wrong.

Do I leave coil dwell times at stock values??

My current thought process is the following:

1. Set Stoich ratio to 9.733 (done)
  2. Set new injector dead times
  3. Start engine
  4. Set fuel pressure (FPR)
  5. Dial in idle
  6. ...
  7. Profit?

What I was hoping you could help me with was some basic steps on getting it set up and running so that quick tune can work its magic. Thx

• Timboj changed the title to New configuration and quick tune

If you are running traditional equation, add as step 2.5 to divide your master fuel by 3.

If you run modelled, then change your injector flow. 

As ID injector are well known, also indicate pulse width adder. 

Set your fuel pressure before starting your engine. 

Unless you are on a dyno, I would not bother with quick tune. 

Re setting up the fuel pressure and injectors, I thought it was better to set the fuel pressure while idling (with the vacuum line disconnected). Is it same same to do it by just priming the pump?

In terms of selecting the correct dead times and short pulse adder, it appears ID's "latest" settings (according to their available info) are the following for 300kpa:
image.thumb.png.40a8da44b446c63198c0d5f29631b450.png

I imagine this is a good place to start anyway. Should I be using a 3D table that includes figures for 200-400kpa or will a 2D with 300kpa be fine? I've got a regulated return system, so I assume 2D is fine.

I don't have the option to adjust flow rate in my menu (affected by another setting?).  
image.png.15b4dc61a7f9a03430a25a5fda74d153.png

Turning on 'Traditional Mode Fuel Flow Table' only gives me access to differential pressures.

image.png.2060a963b80c9183f655915eeeb81920.png