XS Loom questions

mig23t

Hey all, just after some help and advice for a secondary fuel pump and ethanol sensor wiring for G4+ Evo 7, four plug ecu.

Firstly; I'm utilizing a radium 2x 416 fuel pump hangar in the car and have rewired the main pump wiring to suit as well as the wiring on the secondary pump. I'm wanting to trigger the second pump via the ecu. I have the relay for #2 assigned as; 87 fuel pump, 30 is ground, 85 is switched +12v and 86 will run to the ecu. With the wire on 86, will I need to buy a second XS loom for that? Ive converted the car over to DBW and currently have one xs loom for the pedal and tb occupying the AUX/Volt plug.

Secondly, which ropes back to the second XS loom, with the ethanol sensor, I believe I'm going to need DI 7/8 or 9 input, the power and ground for that (second connector on the ecu) Will I be able to splice the fuel pump wiring into IGN 7 or 8 on that connector/loom, and then further on down the track splice my other sensors (oil temp, press etc) in the second xs loom?

Thanks in advance

For the 2nd fuel pump relay - yes you can use Ign 7 or 8 on EXP2 or since you have upgraded to e-throttle, you should now also have aux 5/6/7/8 free on the main header (were originally for the idle valve), so you can use those for other stuff like FPump if you wish.  

On 9/10/2022 at 6:41 PM, mig23t said:

Secondly, which ropes back to the second XS loom, with the ethanol sensor, I believe I'm going to need DI 7/8 or 9 input, the power and ground for that (second connector on the ecu) Will I be able to splice the fuel pump wiring into IGN 7 or 8 on that connector/loom, and then further on down the track splice my other sensors (oil temp, press etc) in the second xs loom?

Yes.  Ethanol sensor can only be connected to DI1-8, so DI7or 8 on the EXP2 would be fine.  You may possibly also have DI3 or 5 free on the main header if you are no longer using the factory IC spray function.  

On 9/12/2022 at 6:34 AM, Adamw said:

For the 2nd fuel pump relay - yes you can use Ign 7 or 8 on EXP2 or since you have upgraded to e-throttle, you should now also have aux 5/6/7/8 free on the main header (were originally for the idle valve), so you can use those for other stuff like FPump if you wish.  

Yes.  Ethanol sensor can only be connected to DI1-8, so DI7or 8 on the EXP2 would be fine.  You may possibly also have DI3 or 5 free on the main header if you are no longer using the factory IC spray function.  

Awesome, thanks for the feed back @Adamw
I think I'll leave the DI3 or 5 free for the time being as I had that IC switch lined up for switchable dual tune function :)

Thanks for the help, I'll report back if I come unstuck

Hey just a little info and to add to this, If you want to simplify things a dual pump setup isnt really needed until over 600 wheel in most cases. A single rewired  walbro 450 and -6 feed line can accomplish 700 or so. Iv done 730 wheel mustang with a single direct wired 450 and -6 feed line. I converted my factory feed line as my return line. Just another way of doing it if you want a more simple approach as far as less wiring and less components. Also a single pump in a surge tank will flow a good bit more than advertised because it is already being fed and pressurized by the feed pump. So if you are less than 700wheel or so, you could get away with a single large pump in surge and have plenty of fuel.. Never a bad thing to have more than you need though if you wanna make huge power!!!

On 9/15/2022 at 12:26 AM, k4nnon said:

Hey just a little info and to add to this, If you want to simplify things a dual pump setup isnt really needed until over 600 wheel in most cases. A single rewired  walbro 450 and -6 feed line can accomplish 700 or so. Iv done 730 wheel mustang with a single direct wired 450 and -6 feed line. I converted my factory feed line as my return line. Just another way of doing it if you want a more simple approach as far as less wiring and less components. Also a single pump in a surge tank will flow a good bit more than advertised because it is already being fed and pressurized by the feed pump. So if you are less than 700wheel or so, you could get away with a single large pump in surge and have plenty of fuel.. Never a bad thing to have more than you need though if you wanna make huge power!!!

True points, thanks mate. The two 460s is on the little too much side, I prefer that as a safety net than relying on a single and getting stuck somewhere in the event of a pump failure :)

Ive already invested in the radium set up :wacko: I don't think I want to play with the fueling set up again for a while unless the fuel temp get a bit excessive with the two pumps :lol: That being the case, a good friend of mine has developed a really nice billet surge that I'm interested in should i need to visit the fueling again :lol:

• 2 weeks later...