Information on ECU model and upgrade path

Flameshades

Hi, I'm very new to the to world of LINK, I am looking at purchasing a used unit from someone with the hope to upgrade it to the latest software, unfortunately I cannot find very much information as to what the unit is, other than the it has a sticker on the board that says PCB REV 1,2 and the serial number of 16690.

are you able to tell me what model this is and if its able to go to the latest firmware at all please??

This is an old G4 plug-in, 2 generations old.  It was produced from about 2009-2013, so it is a bit dated today.  

PC Link G4 is the software you need, scroll down this page to find V4.10.2:  https://linkecu.com/software-support/pc-link-downloads/pc-link-legacy-software/

Functionality wise they are still a decent ECU.  No knock control or E-throttle capability, some software functions like mixture map were not available.  It has basic on-board logging and decent PC Logging.  Tuning software is still nice to use and has good data analysis options.  Some functions such as idle speed control are quite a bit more basic than is expected today.