CANchecked gauge with link g4+ ecu scaling issues. Edit: solved!

stigc8

Hi guys, 

Recently added a link g4+ to my car, been sitting in my cupboard for years, amazing ecu getting to the stage the car is almost mapped to my satisfaction. The help files have been amazing and made tuning very easy.

I added a CANchecked 52mm can gauge and everything appears to be matched perfect to gauges on laptop PCLINK, but the knock readings scale appears to be out. 

PC link for example is reading 10-20 at idle, 450 peak reading on a wot, but the CANchecked gauge is reading 50-60 idle 1500 peak. Can this be sorted in the software somehow ?

Thanks

I have just tested this on the bench and found an error in the documentation.  The help file says knock level global in the dash2pro/generic dash2 stream needs to be multiplied by 5 at the receiving end.  But in fact it is actually being broadcast 1:1.  ie a knock level of 1000 is being broadcast as "1000", rather than as "200" which the document states.  I suspect this is a copy/paste error as in some of our other streams the knock level is broadcast at 1/5 so that is can fit into a single byte.  But in this case it is using 2 bytes so there is no need to divide.

So if CANChecked built their gauge template based on this document it might be reading 5X higher than it should.   If you attach you map I should be able to set up a custom stream with it corrected depending on how much other CAN stuff you have set up.  Otherwise I think they also now allow custom CAN in the gauge too.  

w929u1J.png

Hi Adam,

what you're saying sounds logical, I contacted the guys at Canchecked, they said the gauge is not adjustable has to be done on the ecu end.

The gauge is the only Can device on car, dont plan on adding any extras. Attached is my current map, if you could modify the stream would be very helpful.

tune latest still needs work.pclr

• stigc8 changed the title to CANchecked gauge with link g4+ ecu scaling issues. Edit: solved!