Bad cold start - ViPec V3 STI

NowakGC8

Back again with another question. This time it is about cold starts.

I am running a ViPec V3 plugin in my 1997 STI. It has been tuned but since the car was warm I guess they didn´t adjust anything in the cold start idle.

The car starts fine but dies after a second as the idle becomes to low. I have checked and the settings in all idle tables are the same as in the files provided with the ecu. I have changed all vacuum and pressure lines but no one was damaged so no leaks. 

When warm the idle is spot on at set rpm so I think the IACV is working properly. In the summer when it is over 20 degree celsius it starts and idles but cold start idle is about 4-500 rpm.

Feels like the car doesn´t realize it needs to run cold start settings when it is below engine working temperature.

The problem is there on ac too, not as bad but if I start the ac the idle drops 200 rpm.

Really scratching my head and can´t find anything wrong.

After lots of looking by me and my brother we noticed that AUX1 and AUX2 going to the idle stepper was set to off. Now it seems to work and have idle. 

But now when I release throttle fast the idle dips down and the car almost stalls. Works better with the AC on and the idle doesn't dip down as low. 

Did all of that and it didn't help sadly. Calibrated the throttle again too but no difference. 

After that I took a look in the engine bay and saw that the idle stepper had turned in the adjustment screws. Turned it to standard (saw where the screws had been sitting) and all of a sudden the idle works :)

The screw sat really hard so I supposed some previous owner must have tried adjusting something there :unsure:

Now it is working. 

Thank for the help :D