multi coils set up

davidbek95

I have a v88 ecu,its a Mitsubishi 4g63 t,engine is out of a starion turbo,it was single coil set up,but now its multi coils,ls1 coils,set up as direct spark,what is happening,now when I crank it over,it back fire,seems the timing is out,the dizzy is used only for triggers,but has not been touch since,since coils where wired up.i have done ignition test,all coils are working.i can seem to email my file.

regard david

There is a good chance you timing offset is out.

With a distributor there are 4 offsets that will work each being 180deg apart from each other.

You will need to check your timing on #1 cylinder and adjust the timing offset to suit.

What kind of trigger pattern are you running in the dizzy? Are you running 2 trigger sensors?

Remember if you are running 1 sensor, you must use a pattern with ie a missing tooth so the ecu knows where in the 720 egree cycle the engine are since you are running direct spark with 4 ign outputs. Are you running 2 triggers in dizzy, one of them are for sync. ie 4 teeth for trig1 and 1 tooth for trig 2. (like early Evo 1-3)

well the dizzy is out of a mitsubishi 2.4 litre single cam.my motr is a single cam,@ present the trigger set up is trigger mode is multi tooth, priorty is trigger is trigger 1,trigger is optical/hall, filtering is level 2, pull up is on, trig1 edge is falling, multitooth posn is cam, tooth count is 4.

trifgger 2 vvti is off.

regards david

well the dizzy is out of a mitsubishi 2.4 litre single cam.my motr is a single cam,@ present the trigger set up is trigger mode is multi tooth, priorty is trigger is trigger 1,trigger is optical/hall, filtering is level 2, pull up is on, trig1 edge is falling, multitooth posn is cam, tooth count is 4.

trifgger 2 vvti is off.

regards david

You must lock ignition and setup offset using a timing gun. Adjust offset till actual timing is the same as in software. If you dont know how to do this prosedure, see software for help. Help function in software is very, very good.

How is trigger 2 setup?

In runtime values(press R), triggers/limits do you see a steady 200 rpm while cranking and trig1 and trig2 signal "Yes"?