Link Xtreme Connection to IC-7 Dash

JasonK

Hi all,

Hope these questions aren't to silly.

I'm just about to install my IC-7 into my Xtreme. 

1. Are the two Link Xtreme round ports identical/interchangeable? 

2. I have the laptop connected to the port with the red ring and the dash connected to the other round ports - is this correct?

3. Can I leave the laptop cable connected all the time as my ecu is inaccessible?

4. I just read another post where it was found that the CAN hi & lo wires in the Haltech plug need to be reversed. I bought the Haltech IC-7 to Link cable part no. 130047 (pic attached).  Does it have the CAN in the correct orientation or do I still have to swap the CAN hi & lo in the plug?

HT-130047_IS (1).pdf

28 minutes ago, JasonK said:

1. Are the two Link Xtreme round ports identical/interchangeable? 

No, Red band is USB, other one is CAN 1

29 minutes ago, JasonK said:

I have the laptop connected to the port with the red ring and the dash connected to the other round ports - is this correct?

Yes

29 minutes ago, JasonK said:

3. Can I leave the laptop cable connected all the time as my ecu is inaccessible?

Yes

30 minutes ago, JasonK said:

4. I just read another post where it was found that the CAN hi & lo wires in the Haltech plug need to be reversed. I bought the Haltech IC-7 to Link cable part no. 130047 (pic attached).  Does it have the CAN in the correct orientation or do I still have to swap the CAN hi & lo in the plug?

Probably fine, I think other people's issues have occurred when trying to use the 4 pin Link plugs with the 4 pin Haltech plugs, that cable appears to be designed to go from the dash to a Link ECU so should be pinned correctly