Start Up Map

YamYamRacing

Hey Guys, I am new to this so please bare with. I am looking to create a start up map to check my new build for leaks and any issues etc before it goes to my tuner. I am learning all the time and have started to setup my ecu watching online videos etc etc.

For a bare basic start up to drive me on and off the trailer am I right in thinking that the following should be ok? - 

• Engine capacity
  • Number of cylinders
  • Firing order
  • Trigger system info: Set up for factory crank angle set-up
  • Injector size
  • Functions checks: Inputs and Outputs COPs/Injectors/Fuel Pump etc
  • Base Timing 
  • TPS / MAP sensor calibration

Is there much else? Just worried I need to do more and will have issues come to start time.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

It sounds like you have covered most of the basics that would be needed.  The ignition and fuel tables would obviously need values that are somewhat realistic in them too.  Idle valve or E-throttle will need to be commanded to somewhere in the ballpark.  If you use traditional fuel equation you dont even need engine capacity or injector size.  What is the engine?

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

It sounds like you have covered most of the basics that would be needed.  The ignition and fuel tables would obviously need values that are somewhat realistic in them too.  Idle valve or E-throttle will need to be commanded to somewhere in the ballpark.  If you use traditional fuel equation you dont even need engine capacity or injector size.  What is the engine?

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the reply. Its a drag car using a Vauxhall 3.2 v6 engine that has been turbocharged. On my old NA setup using Megasquirt my tuner never set up any idle control i just had TPS, ECT, IAT and internal MAP sensor so hoping I can again get away with that and I am using a cable throttle. My query if the above is ok is... does that inputted information into the ECU automatically generate start up fuel and ignition tables? Is there anything that will need changing on those tables etc as that is where I very much start to run out of talent lol!

Thanks