Link G1 V5 Wrx What the hell is this problem?

Sean S

The car is a wrx bugeye MY01, whoever done the mods also put a V5 ecu as it originally comes with a V7. Note: Before I spun a bearing it was running micky mouse with the mods done. Id' like to run it on the 3 bar map sensor again not the factory setting.

The problem would be simple to fix im sure. The idle is going up and down on both settings, the factory setting and the High 3 bar setting.

Factory setting link to vid

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AknC3VO9dy5cgeoQ...Pz1xA?e=jChVi1

3 bar map sensor link to vid

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AknC3VO9dy5cgeoS...EjA_A?e=6no9YH

It will be something so damn simple I just dont know where to go in the program or what to adjust.

The MAP sensor setting needs to be set to match the actual sensor that is fitted.  You can confirm you have the correct setting by viewing the MAP runtime in the software with the engine off, it should show about 101Kpa assuming you are not too far off sea level if the correct setting is selected.

The idle hunting is likely not related, possibly ignition table, closed loop lambda or idle speed control settings.

Then your engine has the factory sensor so "Factory" is the correct setting.  If you want to use the 3Bar setting then you will have to fit the correct 3 bar sensor (I suspect it is for the V9 sensor)

Edit:

I just read the manual, the 3bar setting is for the common GM 3bar sensor:  https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/129_143/products_id/1584

Thank you.

I have the correct 3 bar sensor . As mentioned was running perfectly before I spun a bearing and has a v5 ecu.

I noticed in the Link diagnostics that Cyl/Sync error 3. Does this mean theres 3 errors or that cylinder 3 has an issue. And its still hunting around the 2000rpm mark

20221221_100336.jpg

2 hours ago, Sean S said:

I have the correct 3 bar sensor

It doesnt look like it from your data above - unless it has failed.  Can you attach a picture of the sensor.  

2 hours ago, Sean S said:

I noticed in the Link diagnostics that Cyl/Sync error 3. Does this mean theres 3 errors or that cylinder 3 has an issue. And its still hunting around the 2000rpm mark

3 trigger errors means there have been 3 occasions where the ecu received a signal from the triggers that did not match the expected pattern.  Most likely just during starting or stopping so likely nothing to worry about. 

As mentioned earlier your hunting issue is most likely a tune issue or a problem with the idle valve.  I would lean more towards it being a tune issue based on the cluster fuc* fuel table in the background of your pic above.  Its got larger fuel numbers at a 750RPM idle than it does at 7250RPM & 25psi boost...

If it ran ok like this before then it suggests it was probably tuned with some fundamental setting wrong in the first place (such as wrong MAP sensor setting).  It really needs tuning from scratch.