SR20DET IAT Issues and Fuel Level over CAN

Kenneth Yu

Hi All,

I have an IAT from LinkECU and recently its starting to register out of range throwing an error. I test the 5V on the senor wiring and I test the grounds and they are all good. I have 4 sensors on the same 5v and ground and none of them are having issues.

Do you think its a faulty sensor?

Also I have a standard nissan resistance based fuel level. I want to send that over can to my dash. I think @Adamw wrote a schematic here, where I use a 5V to a 100ohm pull up to the level sensor wiring and filter it to the AN VOLT input.  My question is wouldn't that electrify the entire circuit leading to the pump level or it doesn't really do anything?

59 minutes ago, Kenneth Yu said:

I have an IAT from LinkECU and recently its starting to register out of range throwing an error.

What to you mean by that?  What are the error values set to and which one does it exceed?  

1 hour ago, Kenneth Yu said:

My question is wouldn't that electrify the entire circuit leading to the pump level or it doesn't really do anything?

Yes that is what a pull up does, you are effectively creating a voltage divider with a fixed resistor on one side(100ohm), and a variable one on the other side (the fuel level sensor), so your variable resistance is converted into a variable voltage output. 

fZvNZoc.png 

2 hours ago, Adamw said:
What to you mean by that? What are the error values set to and which one does it exceed?  

Yes that is what a pull up does, you are effectively creating a voltage divider with a fixed resistor on one side(100ohm), and a variable one on the other side (the fuel level sensor), so your variable resistance is converted into a variable voltage output. 

Its saying 212F. Its just completely not reading correctly. Any idea how to troubleshoot the sensor? 

I guess the question is it wont do anything to the leveler or fuel pump hat if i put a voltage on it is what i mean

Thanks

2 hours ago, Kenneth Yu said:

Its saying 212F. Its just completely not reading correctly. Any idea how to troubleshoot the sensor? 

Start by doing a log and looking at the voltage reported on the AN Volt pin that it is wired too and that will give you a clue.  

I guess the question is it wont do anything to the leveler or fuel pump hat if i put a voltage on it is what i mean

How has the fuel level sensor go anything to do with the fuel pump?

Also i am still using the fuel level guage in my stock dash as welll so not sure puttimg coltage on it will mess up anything?

You likely wont be able to connect the ecu and stock gauge, the ecu can only measure to 5V, the factory gauges usually use a 12V pull-up.