ATOM 4age trigger settings

coreyb

3 hours ago, koracing said:

VAST module system

Yes car is still fully OEM

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Did you check and/or adjust that sensor air gap?  You still have the same voltage problem as in the scopes from a week ago, and as KO says it appears you have created another by messing with the wiring.    In your cranking log it only sees an acceptable trigger signal for the first 4 revolutions then when it just slows down a tiny bit you loose trigger 1 probably because the voltage drops below the threshold.  So you should have had a spark for the first couple of seconds of cranking but it loses sync after that so there will be no spark.  

I did the gap check and moved them to .2 as suggested.............not sure why the pulse slows down as battery is on charger will i took the logs

So did you change any trigger wiring since the last scope?  Im a bit puzzled why trig 2 appears to be incorrect polarity now, usually the grounds for both sensors are common in these dizzys so it possibly means trig1 is upside down too.  

My understanding is the distributor plugs into the vast module, so I'm unsure how that would come to be unless wiring was messed with. 

The VAST system interprets or at least reads the crank sensor signal before the ecu sees it, so it may be part of the problem causing some of these trigger signal issues.

Personally, I would bypass the vast system, wire trigger signals directly to the ecu, and wire in a newer igniter that the ecu can have direct dwell control with (or go coil on plug). 

On 3/28/2023 at 11:31 AM, koracing said:

My understanding is the distributor plugs into the vast module, so I'm unsure how that would come to be unless wiring was messed with. 

The VAST system interprets or at least reads the crank sensor signal before the ecu sees it, so it may be part of the problem causing some of these trigger signal issues.

Personally, I would bypass the vast system, wire trigger signals directly to the ecu, and wire in a newer igniter that the ecu can have direct dwell control with (or go coil on plug). 

I have wire triggers directly to distributor and will try a newer igniter system with a blaster coil but have suggested COP to customer as well.

Just want to confirm that exisitng ignition system is issue before making purcahse for COP

UPDATE

we change igniter to 20v 4age with MSD blaster coil, still getting rpm but no spark.

Can put engine to TDC, run ign#1 test and get spark but when swinging no spark.

See attached last trigger scope.

Don't want to recommend COP to customer and there is some issue with the signal out of ECU.

Any suggestions?

TriggerScopeLog_New.llgx

Your trigger 1 is not consistently meeting threshold while cranking - you should try lowering the arming threshold to .2v at 500rpm and 0.5v at 1000 rpm.  If you are still having issues after that please provide a PC datalog of attempting to start and a copy of the current tune.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:02 AM, koracing said:

Your trigger 1 is not consistently meeting threshold while cranking - you should try lowering the arming threshold to .2v at 500rpm and 0.5v at 1000 rpm.  If you are still having issues after that please provide a PC datalog of attempting to start and a copy of the current tune.

car has finally started..........seems it was a combination of things.

We change igniter and coil plus did the recommended threshold setting and got spark.

Thanks for all the help