1995 GC8 VSS - DCCD - CD5

Michael378

Hello Yall,

I recently got my 95 ra V2 sorted with a link best thing I've done to the car. I'm in the process of setting up my digital dash a AEM Cd5 which has become a thing but thats a story for another time. When you swap the dash which holds the mechanical sensor it causes a VSS error or is known too. This is important as I'm setting up a MAPDCCD controller for the trans and the VSS error will cause problem is there a work around for this?

Mapdccd do an abs adapter. Thats likely the easiest solution, you could possibly splice the signal from that to the ecu and mapdccd controller. 

Ive about to do one with an Ecumaster wheel speed to can adapter for all 4 wheel speeds, then the ecu will send vehicle speed to the dccd controller. 

Ok this has given my somethings to look into.

This car doest have abs which would make that alittle hard 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:06 AM, rrob said:

Mapdccd do an abs adapter. Thats likely the easiest solution, you could possibly splice the signal from that to the ecu and mapdccd controller. 

Ive about to do one with an Ecumaster wheel speed to can adapter for all 4 wheel speeds, then the ecu will send vehicle speed to the dccd controller. 

Swap out the mechanic Speedo for a newer 3 pin VSS, it's just ground, 12v and signal.

Please make sure you use a deep socket on the mechanical speed sensor.

Last time I got impatient with the sensor I ended up wacking it inside the gearbox and had to split open the gearbox to sort it lol