G4X PNP NB2 Pin swaps?

Furai

So I have a Mazda Demio 2001 and it has the same plugs to the ECU as the NB2 PNP.

I have been trying to match up the pins and there are some differences, are there any pins I cant swap in the map that I should be aware of? So far Injectors, Cooling fan, Fuel pump, TPS, ECU power, knock sensor, taco all match up.

Trigger setup is different but ignition comes out on IGN1(Demio has distributor) and on the correct pin.

Can you swap the pin a trigger is on? Are there any that cant be assigned?

Aux 1 has a high side drive chip fitted to it for the VVT, so this cant be used as a normal low side drive type aux. 

Aux 16 is connected internally to a relay type circuit for use as an E-throttle relay, so this is not available. 

Everything else will be ok.

For the trigger, the crank signal must go to pin 33 and the cam signal to pin 32.  

• 1 year later...

So here is the link pinout, ill attatch the Demio one as well.

Im thinking I need to swap 3i into 3f(ign into ign 1 instead of 2 as its distributor)

And do i need to swap the only Cam sensor from the cam sensor pin to the crank sensor pin?

full  link3.jpg

Heres factory pinout

IMG_20240224_171114.jpg

If you only have the Cam sensor in the distributor then yes, you would need to run that input to the Trig 1 input.  How many teeth does the distributor wheel have?  Any missing teeth?