Stock 3SGE Beams Max RPM?

saif.mansour

Hello, soon I will start tunning my 3SGE beams engine run on an AE86. It has Toda lightened flywheel, other than that its stock. What it is my maximum RPM limit without having valve float or any head issues? also what's the usual power range for such engine? I don't want to have high RPM with no power. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Trust everyone is well, I recommend the link ECU to my friend with an Altezza, as I liked the plug and play feature of the link. The Ecu has arrive and I am disappointed with the detail of the base map provided. I understand that we shouldn't just plug the ECU in and think its ready to go but the base map isn't even close to a Base Map. Before we even get to the fuelling, timing or even CAM timings certain basic setup things like the air temp sensor is setup on a Bosch sensor and the injectors are at 906cc. I don't have a tuning shop but I have mapped cars for year specifically 4age 20vs and Beams and I don't believe we should get this type of quality. Our Altezza is standard so would expect minimal adjustment to fuelling and maybe timing maps. We would then map the car as we do changes like removing Air mass sensor when we do a cold intake etc. 

Would anyone have a map from a tuned Altezza that is standard or almost standard. Unfortunately we don't have the backup here in Africa for this ECU so your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dane

• 2 weeks later...

On one hand I agree the base maps as provided by Link are far from the best base calibrations I've used.  On the other hand, I've worked to develop my own base maps that gives customers a reason to choose me as their dealer and tuner.  If the base calibrations were good to go without much adjustment, people would tend to buy the ecus and possibly never seek out professional tuning help.  This could lead to very bad results and ultimately Link would be the likely target of any blame for a poor result.  By providing "startup only" tunes they force the end user to find a competent tuner - or to find these forums and seek help here - so that someone with more experience can get involved and help them go through all the necessary parameters.  This seems like the more conservative strategy and should - in the end - provide a better result.  Link gives out tuning aid free of charge here if you have specific questions to ask which is far more than most ecu manufacturers do.