Help for diy coil on plug mod b18c

DAUS

So i got a car that is equipped with link g4x hc96 with b18c engine... I wanted to do a coil on plug conversion.. Anyone willing to explain the  run down the process of the conversion? Do i need to connect to a computers? 

List the items that i needed & things to do

Thanks in advance 

Yes of course you will need a PC to set up the ecu.  You will ideally want coils with built in ignitors such as K20 or 1NZ toyota etc, connect the ground wires to the cylinder head, install a ignition switched relay to supply 12V to the coils, and run the trigger wires back to the ecu.  The coil on cyl#1 connects to Ign 1, cyl#2 to ign 2, etc.  In the ecu you will need to change ignition mode to direct spark, set up the dwell table appropriate for the coils and reset base timing and ignition delay.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adam,

I trust to find you in great health and spirit.

I would like to kindly request for your assistance with an inhouse Coil on Plug conversion on a 3SGTE using Linkecu G4X + with R35coil pack.

I have read your comment regarding cylinder connections, trigger wires to ecu, which  Cylinder #1 to ign1 - pin 20, Cylinder #2 to ign2 - pin 7, Cylinder #3 to ign3 - pin 8, Cylinder #4 to ign4 - pin 17.  However I would like to know where the crank sensor (2 wires), cam angle sensor have to be attached to and what to remove from existing distributor and coil - ignitor wiring.  Would be awesome if there was a wiring diagram available for all to use.

Many thanks and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Pete

Based on the pin designations and 3SGTE application, I'm assuming that's an ST205X. 

To delete the distributor you will need to run some other type of crank position and cam position/sync sensors.  Once you have those you can wire to the 4 wires running to the distributor originally.  The original coil wires (Black/red stripe +12V key positive, and white/blue stripe *usually* Coil negative from igniter) can be repurposed 

The distributor should have 4 wires: Black, Green, White, and Red.  

screenshot_20200506-070321-png.70160

NE needs to go to crank sensor signal or Trig1, G1 needs to go to Cam sync signal or Trig 2, G- is sensor ground for both/all, and G2 is a redundant cam sync input not normally used.