SR20DET Timing Sync Problem Stock CAS

Zeb

Hi all,

We are having trouble with the Trigger 1 dropping out at high rpm on this sr20det car. We are on a link G4X with 6.23.6. It is an oem CAS and we tried swapping it with a different unit. Nothing changed. Ran all new wiring to the cas with a shielded ground, nothing changed. Is it necessary to go to an aftermarket trigger setup to resolve this problem? We ordered a 24 tooth AEM wheel that should be here this week to try. Thanks in advance.

Attached is the current cal and the log file of the issue.

Wise_Laurel_Ignition_Sync_Loss_5500rpm.llgx current cal 1-23.pclx

Plugs are gapped at .28 I was wondering about the optical being an issue as well. Figured we'd try the wheel and then if that didn't do it just bite the bullet on one of those $500 trigger kits. The log file I sent was revving the car in neutral. It happens just the same on the dyno.

it's Paul Chamberlin's new car (Wiseconcepts) I think you two know each other.

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Plugs are gapped at .28 I was wondering about the optical being an issue as well. Figured we'd try the wheel and then if that didn't do it just bite the bullet on one of those $500 trigger kits. The log file I sent was revving the car in neutral. It happens just the same on the dyno.

it's Paul Chamberlin's new car (Wiseconcepts) I think you two know each other.

Yes sir.  I know Paul from back when he lived in texas many moons ago.  I spoke with him on the phone a hour or so ago.  The aem disc wont fix an optical issue at all.  Let me review the cal and log and ill get back with yall.

Can you do a couple of trigger scopes captures as well.  One at idle and maybe one with a free rev to somewhere close to the RPM where the issue occurs.  Im not sure if the scope will have a high enough sample rate to give us any useful info at high RPM but it may still give us some clues.

Those SR20 external ignitors can cause issues too since the return path is a very large loop and the high current ground goes through the ecu.    

There was another user on here a couple of weeks ago with a trigger error on a SR20/external ignitor, he had even swapped to an aftermarket trigger kit without solving it.  In the end he swapped to R8 coils and that solved it.  

18 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you do a couple of trigger scopes captures as well.  One at idle and maybe one with a free rev to somewhere close to the RPM where the issue occurs.  Im not sure if the scope will have a high enough sample rate to give us any useful info at high RPM but it may still give us some clues.

Those SR20 external ignitors can cause issues too since the return path is a very large loop and the high current ground goes through the ecu.    

There was another user on here a couple of weeks ago with a trigger error on a SR20/external ignitor, he had even swapped to an aftermarket trigger kit without solving it.  In the end he swapped to R8 coils and that solved it.  

Adam, I spoke with the owner of the car yesterday and discussed eliminating the ignitor and going with readily available 350z coils.