ez30d wont start

Shawneboy

Attach the trigger scope and a copy of your tune.  If Trig 1 signal says "no" but you see a waveform that means the waveform is not meeting what has been defined as a valid signal.  Most likely either not crossing zero or not reaching the arming threshold or both.  But a bit hard to guess with no data.

2.1.23 log.llgx

i pulled niumber one plug. put a stick in it found tdc confirmed it with notch in the crank pully. Backed it off to 10 btdc calibrated computer at 10 btdc. results slow cranking like timing is way off and mixed trigger signal. main screen shows trig 1 signal. trigger scope shows no trigger one signal.

btw. once calibration is complete. if changes need to be made to timing numbers. is it necessary to set the motor to the desired position or is just entering a number in the program enough?

i saw a -.45.......whats that mean?

You havent attached a trigger scope or your map.  You have attached 2 logs, one with nothing in it and one with the engine running so its obviously got a trigger signal. 

2 hours ago, Shawneboy said:

Backed it off to 10 btdc calibrated computer at 10 btdc. results slow cranking like timing is way off and mixed trigger signal.

It is not clear what you are doing, trigger calibration is described in the help file.  If you have the engine running and the "set base timing screen" open, with the first box "lock timing to" set to 10BTDC, then you adjust the offset up or down until your timing light shows the 10deg mark lined up.  Be aware you need to hit enter every time you change the offset if you are typing it in manually.   

Adam,

I'm not sure what happened to the data on the logs I sent I'll try again and resend later. In the mean time do you have a working basemap for the ez30d I've read through some of the threads and I've seen that others have the same motor as mine. I've also seen where you have replied with a corrected basemep for them. Could you send oney way if you still have it..

thanks,

Shawn

In the mean time here is a pic of what I'm seeing on the trigger scope where it has a reading of -.23volts for trigger one and trigger 2 is getting a signal....no trig 1 signal but main screen shows that it is getting trig 1 signal...pic won't attach says the file is too large

It would be best to attach your current map that is used to generate the log, then we have the both parts of the "cause and effect".  Randomly swapping maps without trying to diagnose what is wrong in the first place usually isnt the fastest way to a solution.   

7 minutes ago, Shawneboy said:

pic won't attach says the file is too large

upload to a picture host such as https://imgur.com/ and paste the link here.  

It might be best but it's not the easiest for me. I'm using a computer with no internet I have to transfer files and it becomes another pain on the ass.pn top of the pain in the ass I have from my motor not starting. It would be nice of you would stop ignoring my questions and send me a file. I've sent several logs and your telling me that there was no data so I took a pic but your system says the pic is too large. everything I'm doing is wrong ....Work withe here. I'm just trying to gety car running for over a week now. Kinda sucks..so you have any idea why a -.23 v is showing in the trigger scope as trigger 1 log. My car is parked like half a mile from where I'm staying because my neighbors are a bunch of bitches who call the cops because it's loud. But let me go walk that 1/2 mille now so I can follow your instructions. Best for you absolutely not best or easiest or fastest for me.  Can you please just send me a working ez30 file. Takes me almost 20 min to pack up and walk back. Takes you like what 3 seconds to attach a file and send.....not trying to be a jerk here but dam dude help me out here please

HOPEFULLY THIS HAS DATA

308PM TRIGGER.llgx

OR THIS

TriggerScopeLogAGAIN 2.2.23.llgx

IM MAKING ASJUSTMENT TO THE TIMING AND THESE ARE THE RESULTS ...MAIN PAGE SHOWS TRIGGER SIGNAL TRIGGER SCOPE SHOWS NO SIGNAL

........TRIG SCOPE2.2.23 AGAINM.llgx

ANOTHER ONE

308PM TRIGGER.llgx

Your triggerscope shows the crank sensor is wired back to front.  Swap the +/- wires at the crank sensor plug and re-set the base timing and you will be one step closer. 

I dont personally have a known working EZ30 map to give you - or even one that I have made up and may be close enough to work.  

Obviously a different map isnt going to fix the wiring problem, and its a whole lot of work to reconfigure all the IO assignments and sensor calibrations in someone elses map to match your wiring, but if you did really want to change the map, a quick search for "ez30" using the search box at the top of the G4X forum found two from running engines, one here:   https://forums.linkecu.com/topic/14250-ez30-subaru-vtec-problem/?do=findComment&comment=91488

And another here:  https://forums.linkecu.com/topic/15483-subaru-fuel-pump-control/

ADAM,

THANKYOU.

i reversed the wires, attached is todays log. still not starting got some backpops not really back fires..when i stop cranking it makes a funny sound almost like its ....i dont just an odd sound.

TriggerScopeLog9999.llgx TriggerScopeLog.llgx

one more file ......tried to add a log file program says it too  big what to do?

The ecu looks happy with the trigger now in that scope.  

21 minutes ago, Shawneboy said:

one more file ......tried to add a log file program says it too  big what to do?

Each user gets a storage allowance when they join the forum to make it easy for them to get started.  Forum hosts charge a lot for storage though and we have 14000 members here so we keep the allowance fairly conservative.  If you are getting an error that the file is too large then you have probably used up all (or most) of your allowance. 

The best option is to upload your files to google drive, onedrive, dropbox, wetransfer, or any similar file sharing service and paste a share link to it here.