MR2v1 PnP -speed is wrong

ac123

The wheel speed seems to read according to RPM. If I'm in neutral and at a stop it reads about 30mph. When I rev the engine up, it goes up to 40, 50+ mph. It seems to be sync'd to the engine rpm. If i turn on the pull-up resistor, then I get a reading of 0mph always.

The speed signal from the MR2 dash to the link has never worked well in any MR2 with a mechanical speedometer I've ever tuned.  G4+ or G4x they all seem to get crazy spikes.  The electronic sender and dash configuration, however, in 93+ mr2s does seem to work a bit better.  Other ecus I've used in the past didn't seem to have this much issue with that signal so I'm assuming it's a link thing.  One way to get really good speed signal would be to use a separate GPS based speed sensor fed into the ecu or a dedicated speed signal off of one of the wheels using a dedicated sensor for that.

The pull-up should be on.  The DI connects to the reed switch in the speedo, the other side of the reed switch just connects to ground.  If it always reads 0 with the pull-up on then you have a problem with the sensor or wiring.