link/aim dash. getting started

bigmack

hi everyone.  I'm just trying to navigate my dash, and have a question.

my dash is set up the vehicle runs no problems, (setup by someone else)

I have the race studio 3 on PC.

after connecting by USB, would my first move be to "import or receive " to upload the current pages on the dash, to where I can re configure or customize them on the PC in rs3?

then after changing export back to the dash?

the device seems to have all my channel info on it. 

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:34 PM, bigmack said:

after connecting by USB, would my first move be to "import or receive " to upload the current pages on the dash, to where I can re configure or customize them on the PC in rs3?

Sorry for the slow reply.  Yes receive will pull a copy out of the current config out of the dash.  You can then use the "clone" function in RS3 so you can play around with one copy while still having a back-up saved.  Once modified you then save and transmit.

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:59 PM, Adamw said:

Sorry for the slow reply.  Yes receive will pull a copy out of the current config out of the dash.  You can then use the "clone" function in RS3 so you can play around with one copy while still having a back-up saved.  Once modified you then save and transmit.

This helped alot!

Do you have similar instructions for getting my vipec v88 onto my laptop software? Import? Save? Clone? What tabs would I be looking for? 

Also Is there a manual I can read?  Thanks!

I'm not sure, I downloaded the one the mechanic said to, who set it up, or was last in there playing around.

it's the vts one, big vipec logo in the background. iv had it connected before where I could see gauges ect. that's as far as I got.