Razor & G4x xtreme

cws_nz

Hi Guys 

About to plan out a wiring loom for a customer, got a razor pdm, xtreme g4x ecu, can keypad, MXS dash & can lambda, got a couple questions about best setup

Ignition switch-  we are keeping the stock rx2 body wiring so Key will turn it on and either key switch or keypad button to start, am I best to run the ignition on input to the razor and then the razor powers up all required ignition circuits?  Otherwise I'm  assuming would need to switch the main 12v to the ecu? 

With this many CAN devices run them all on one bus or split them up?

Will probably need some assistance getting all the configuration to behave once I start programming it all but thats a problem for later me to deal with. 

15 hours ago, cws_nz said:

Ignition switch-  we are keeping the stock rx2 body wiring so Key will turn it on and either key switch or keypad button to start, am I best to run the ignition on input to the razor and then the razor powers up all required ignition circuits?  Otherwise I'm  assuming would need to switch the main 12v to the ecu? 

If the key already powers other stuff that is not going to be moved to the PDM then all the PDM needs is an Ign Sw signal from the same switch.  The ECU should be connected to the same source as injectors and coils so it is applying correct deadtimes and dwell times, so if those are powered from the PDM then the ECU should be too. 

15 hours ago, cws_nz said:

With this many CAN devices run them all on one bus or split them up?

They will be fine all on the one bus.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

If the key already powers other stuff that is not going to be moved to the PDM then all the PDM needs is an Ign Sw signal from the same switch.  The ECU should be connected to the same source as injectors and coils so it is applying correct deadtimes and dwell times, so if those are powered from the PDM then the ECU should be too. 

was planning to have all  engine related stuff run by the pdm, cooling fans fuel pumps, power to  ecu, injectors coils etc. assuming seperate pdm outputs for ecu/ injectors together  &  coils seperate will  be fine for the dead times?

running 4x ign1a coils (13b turbo)  will that need to be split across 2 outputs for the current load or will 1 high output be fine?)

running dual  intank efi pumps ,  single large spal cooling fan which will use up 3 of the high current outputs, the 4th Im thinking for the coils,  low current outputs for: lift pump, 1 for injectors/ecu, can lambda, Dash & keypad 

another question do the Strada dashes allow digital  inputs on the IO  connector? (can only see analogues in the pinout online), I need to get indicators & high beam, handbrake into the dash or will this need to  come in on ecu/PDM IO

On 2/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, cws_nz said:

running 4x ign1a coils (13b turbo)  will that need to be split across 2 outputs for the current load or will 1 high output be fine?)

A single HC output will do that no worries.  

On 2/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, cws_nz said:

another question do the Strada dashes allow digital  inputs on the IO  connector? (can only see analogues in the pinout online), I need to get indicators & high beam, handbrake into the dash or will this need to  come in on ecu/PDM IO

Yes you can set them to digital mode in the software.  Can be switched to ground or switched to 5v/12V and a pull-up can be enabled in the software.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi  @Adamw would appreciate your assistance when you have time with getting the razor setup & can streams setup correctly, in the drive link is the ecu  config & my excel sheet with the pdm pinout & note on can items, thanks in advance, Cheers Drew

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cD_L3mMfRAvckrBgfQ88k5Uo573Sw7pF?usp=sharing

Slowly struggling my way thru  the PDM setup, how do  i setup control for basic on with ignition,  I'm Assuming i need to  set up a GP logic?  what  parameter am i looking for to set this, also having issues with the PDM software randomly crashing and exiting latest version 1.4.86

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Sorry I have had a chance to take a look at your file yet.  

>control setup>manual control  is typically the easiest.  

Allgood, will see how far I get if I can make sense of it all and have something that seems close il add the pdm config to  the drive link 

Hi  @Adamw have had a play with the software, and added a file to the drive link, hopefully Im on the right track i cant seem to figure out the manual  control or pin functions from CAN,  can you  have a look at some stage please, need to get this thing powered up  this week for final testing

Sorry for the delay.  I have set up most of it in the files attached.  Fuel level should be available in the ECU and it is being sent out on CAN, but I will need the dash config to set it up in there too.  

You need to update your ECU firmware to the latest (6.23) because the version you are on now doesnt have the PDM functionality in it. 

Your ecu also needs to be unlocked before it will run an engine. 

Cal table 2 is where you set up the fuel level calibration, it is set up as 0-100% at the moment, you can change it to Litres if preferred.

brendan rx2 link xtreme base config V2.pclx CWS RX2.pdmc

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Sorry for the delay.  I have set up most of it in the files attached.  Fuel level should be available in the ECU and it is being sent out on CAN, but I will need the dash config to set it up in there too.  

You need to update your ECU firmware to the latest (6.23) because the version you are on now doesnt have the PDM functionality in it. 

Your ecu also needs to be unlocked before it will run an engine. 

Cal table 2 is where you set up the fuel level calibration, it is set up as 0-100% at the moment, you can change it to Litres if preferred.

brendan rx2 link xtreme base config V2.pclx 470.87 kB · 0 downloads CWS RX2.pdmc 444.78 kB · 0 downloads

thanks Adam, will  give that  a go  tomorrow and hopefully  all good, iv just sorted the unlock today so  will do the firmware update and load it up 

got it all working on the bench, forgot to mention its all on CAN2 off the B plug but that was easy enough to copy over, iv attached the file from the dash if you  have a chance to  setup the fuel level to  display woul be much appreciated, thanks again fort the helpmxg 1.2 strada - link config brendan rx2.aimcfg 

That is not the correct file for your dash.  In RS3, click on the gear icon to go to the configs page, put a check in the checkbox beside the config you want, then click export at the top.  It will give you a file with a .zconfig extension from memory.