Charge Temp Correction - Issue?

RyanG

Hi guys,

Can anyone work out why I have charge temp correction occurring when I've set it all to zero's? Is it a bug with my axis (mass air flow), or is there something I'm missing.

I was playing with injector data and ironing out some bugs so decided to zero out the CTC table, but after getting home and going through the logs I noticed it was still active when in boost?

My CLL is also going to -100% on deccel for a split second (even though it shouldn't due to trim limit tables).

Log and tune file attached here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15mEKdZCo8X3JeMFaDvleiPwS-RLttpIj?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Ryan

7 hours ago, gorto88 said:

Can anyone work out why I have charge temp correction occurring when I've set it all to zero's? Is it a bug with my axis (mass air flow), or is there something I'm missing.

All 0's just means it is always using just the IAT as the air temperature instead of a mix of ECT and IAT. The charge temperature is used to calculate the density of the air coming in so that  the volume of air going into the cylinder as specified by the VE table and engine capacity can be converted to a mass of air.

A value of 100 in the table means that the air coming in is the same temperature as ECT and a 0 means the air is the same temperature as the IAT runtime. a value of 50 means that the air temperature is (IAT +ECT) / 2.

I was playing with injector data and ironing out some bugs so decided to zero out the CTC table, but after getting home and going through the logs I noticed it was still active when in boost?

The charge temperature approximation table is always used all of the time.

My CLL is also going to -100% on deccel for a split second (even though it shouldn't due to trim limit tables).

I'll have a look through the code.

7 hours ago, Vaughan said:

All 0's just means it is always using just the IAT as the air temperature instead of a mix of ECT and IAT. The charge temperature is used to calculate the density of the air coming in so that  the volume of air going into the cylinder as specified by the VE table and engine capacity can be converted to a mass of air.

A value of 100 in the table means that the air coming in is the same temperature as ECT and a 0 means the air is the same temperature as the IAT runtime. a value of 50 means that the air temperature is (IAT +ECT) / 2.

The charge temperature approximation table is always used all of the time.

Yeah I get all that, my wording probably wasn't clear. I've got all zeros and it's not using the IAT value when in boost, it's acting as if there's 30-40% CTC bias? If you check the log, when I start to get in boost charge temp goes up to say 50C when IAT is 35C.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I did see those lumps after reading your reply and I have found the issue in the code, will fix that today and sort an updated firmware for you to drop in.

Okay great!

On 2/16/2023 at 7:18 AM, Vaughan said:

Any luck finding a cause for this?

It's quite noticeable when you roll out of the throttle at a specific rate.

The firmware Adam PM'd me has fixed my charge temp correction issue.