Wide body AE86 Trueno 4AGE 20v

DerekAE86

I've had this thing for over a decade now. Jumped between factory management and a bunch of other ECU options until finally landing on the Link G4x recently. This now the best the car has ever run.

When I rewired it for the Link I fitted oil and fuel pressure sensors, threw on a new Bosch knock sensor, tapped into the cluster speed signal and the AC system. It's running modelled fueling, oil pressure engine protection, calculated gearing (still not sure what I can utilize this for) and AC idle compensation with the factory 3-wire ISCV.

It's tuned with TPS and running fully sequential with R35 coil on plug and top feed RX7 450cc injectors (probably a bit overkill)

I've configured the VVT to operate as close to factory as possible; its on during cranking to assist in getting more air into the combustion chamber, then it won't opperate again ECT is above 50deg. After which it will work at any point between 1500rpm and 7200rpm at more than 90kPa MAP. Turning it off at 7200 was the sweet spot when I had the car on the dyno.

I did however find when VVT turned on the mixtures got quite rich. So I've now utilized the 4D table to pull fuel when VVT activates. Still experiementing with this because sometimes you can feel a stutter during the change over. Would be nice to work in some smoothing to ease into the transition, not entirely sure how to do that yet.

Been having a heap of fun learning more about Virtual AUXs and Math Blocks doing heaps of cool stuff with the ECU.
Got me far too tempted to try silly things like upgrading to a e-throttle accuator for cruise control and nicer idle control.
But the poor Monsoon has run out of inputs and outputs so I'll put that in the "maybe" pile hahaha.

340081294_604705384872461_1806960305782237181_n.jpg