"Ideal range" for Gauge Setup

DerekAE86

It'd be nice to be able to configure a "ideal range" for gauges in addition to the low and high soft/hard warnings.
That way you could configure the perfect operating temp range for ECT, IAT, Lambda, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, etc so you could quickly scan the guages (especially in digital form) and see "green" and just know they're good.

So for ECT currently you can set a "Orange/Soft zone" for anything under 50deg to know you're in the warm up phase and not to stress the engine, "Orange/Soft zone" for 100deg+ to know you're getting hot and "Red/Hard zone" for 120deg+ to know you're overheating.

But in addition you could set an optional "Green zone" for 85-95 to know you're in the perfect range for example.

The colours for soft and hard warnings are already changeable in the themes settings.  If more users request an "ideal warning" I think it can go on the list for consideration, I have no idea how much work is involved in that.  I do personally use the hard warnings for ECT and IAT on the dyno so I dont need to pay attention to those when concentrating on tuning, but im not sure I would ever use an ideal range one, I guess only if you are using PC Link as a dashboard?

You could do something like this with the existing functionality:

sjvVq4o.png

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

You could do something like this with the existing functionality:

True, that's a great idea to achieve what I was after right now.

But Kris does bring up a nice point as well. Having a different colour for low than high could be handy.