"Disabled" function for Lambda mode & discovered PCLink bug

DerekAE86

Currently there is only "Off" or the Stoich/Auto Modes. It would be good to have a "Disabled" mode so all the settings are still present it's just inactive.

I know you can change a lockout setting to make it never come on (like ECT up to 150deg for example) but it would be neater to just have a disable function like the LT CLL does.

I ask this becasue during testing today I turned the Lambda mode to "Off" for awhile and when I turned it back on it had to re-assign the 3D min/max/rate tables.

I chose not to reset axis/etc so it wouldnt clear my settings but what I found was it assigned the old min table to the max table, and the old max table to the min table!

So it was commanding a "maximum" amount of trim% of -10 and a "minimum" amount of trim% of +20!
Even though you can't actually enter a negative value in the max trim table nor a positive value in the min trim table...
Because they weren't cleared the ECU was straight up using the reversed data and it caused some crazy hunting as the CLL system tried to compensate the wrong way!

This goes to Link's "arbitrary table allocation" model where you have to be pretty careful when doing any of these things while running as who knows what table will pop up and with what values when you enable a feature that uses one of these.  Overall not a big fan of this system, and while I understand why they do it, it does seem like it could be done a bit more cleanly. I don't think I've seen this type of thing on any other ecu so it's in the Link tribal DNA at this point.   Forget trying to compare two tunes with similar tables enabled as it's unlikley for any randomly allocated table to actually match up between one tune an another.  I usually get better results opening two sessions of PC link to compare tables in those situations.