i Series Plug-in for R32 GTR

sponaugle

In the past, I thought there was an R32 GTR compatible V-series plug in?  In looking at the current web page, the only plug-ins available are the newer i-series, and it only lists the 350Z version.

Are there plans to make an i-series R32 GTR plugin?      I did take a glance at the Link page as well, and interestingly enough they have an R34 GTR plug-in, but lists it as also supporting the R32 GTS but not R32 GTR.

Obviously I could just purchase a i88 and wire it up directly.   I have a couple of V88s in my Subarus, which are working great.

Cheers,

Jeff Sponaugle

Hi Jeff

The Vi-pec range has been reduced to just the powersports.

The Link NGTR+ is the unit you will be after. This is to the same specs as the Vi-Pec I series units.

It supports the R32, 33 GTST and the GTR 32, 33 and 34

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff

The Link NGTR+ is the unit you will be after. This is to the same specs as the Vi-Pec I series units.

Thanks Simon.   Part of my confusion was due to the Link Web page for the NGTR+ ( http://www.linkecu.com/NGTRPlus).  It states "GTR R34 & GTS R32 and R33", so it would lead one to conclude the R32 GTR is not part of that list.   I'll call up my distributor and get one ordered!  Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff

Hey Simon, 

One other quick question:  On one of the comparison sheets I see the 'Plugin' versions show knock control as 'Optional'.   Does this mean that when I order the NGTR+ I need to specify the knock control option, or is it built in/provided in that particular model?

Cheers,

Jeff