1992 eagle talon g4+

obxtsi

Bought a used g4+ plug in ecu.  Having trouble getting started.  I think my omni 4 bar map sensor was wired incorrectly. It works with my ecmlink ecu but not with linkecu. The ecu pinouts I see show pin 10 but mine was on pin 16. Thought about just running new wires from map to ecu. If I do this what pins should each wire go to on the ecu side. Honestly any help is very much appreciated as I am new to standalone ecus.

Thanks

Shawn

I guess you are talking about a VR4 plug-in?  They dont have a factory MAP sensor, pin 10 is the MAF (airflow meter), pin 16 was a baro sensor which our ecu doesnt use as it has a baro sensor built-in.  Our ecu also has a built-in 4 bar MAP sensor, you dont need to wire anything.  

Don't have a tune to upload. Just trying to get things set up and the car to run. I can plug back in my ecmlink v3 and car runs fine. So I assume it is just getting link setup correctly is my problem.  Car has been able to start for a moment so I'm fairly certain ecu is good. Is there a good write up on starting out with this ecu? I found one on dsmtuners but hoping to find a better one here maybe. Thanks

https://linkecu.com/documentation/VR4+.pdf

The onboard map sensor will be a 4 bar sensor and should be set to "4 bar" in the calibration pull down before attempting to calibrate.  Of course if you attached a copy of the Link tune file (File -> Save As -> ####.pclr) you're working with it may be possible to see what's going on with the calibration of that sensor.

Dont know if I should start a new question or not. Anyway, I have learned quite a bit about this ecu in the past two days. Went from never using to grtting the car to drive although very rich. Would appricate any feedback on what to do at this point. Car is on 1100cc injectors that I have no further details on. I have switched to the on board map, think I have my wideband wired correctly and have fuel pressure also through the extension harness.  Thanks for any help.

first drive.llg

Without seeing the tune file you have - your wideband appears to be all over the place so hard to say if it is even reporting anything correctly.  Your fuel pressure is indeed reading which is nice and it looks like you've set the ecu to modelled and using FP sensor?  Your acceleration fuel seems excessive.  Getting an accurate injector flow rate at the very least is probably going to be key to making it run as well as it can.  Using a flow rate of 1100cc is probably going to be close enough for most people, but then you'll have to spend some time dialing in the dead times to get accurate reporting operation for modelled fuel.

Yeah there is def something wrong with your lambda set-up, I suspect at least the calibration is wrong, It is unlikely that you can idle at 1.5 lambda. 

Your IAT fuel comp is pulling fuel out when IAT is only 25°C so that is probably undesired.  The rest of the basics look ok from a quick look.  

On 5/29/2023 at 10:24 AM, obxtsi said:

I see in the ecu information tab that it says ethrottle and knock are enabled.  If so then how can I log knock?

The VR4 adapter board doesnt actually have the knock input pin connected.   It will need a wire link soldered in to make the knock input available.  The VR4 factory knock sensor is also not useful, it needs to be replaced with a bosch doughnut sensor preferably (I dont know if the Talon sensor is the same as a VR4 but I assume so).