Monsoon wiring ? pin 6 can it be 8v for a hall sensor compared to V44 ecu? can a vipec v44 be swapped direct for any link ecu as a backup?

GPMspeedshop

i have  just bought a new monsoon ecu to replace an old Autronic SM4 - - the autronic seems to be having issues so time for a change . it worked well for 15 years- but now i cant get it to run as well as it used to.  everything else has been tested or changed.

1 -- can this ecu not supply 8v? i cant find a full wiring schematic anywhere just the quick start guides-  ?  

2- i also have  a Vipec V44 as well is it possible to use a Link ecu and have the v44 as a spare? (where it will literally plug in at the track?)  this is a racecar Nissan  Ka24de NA approx 300hp.. 14.5:1 compression on 114+octane race fuel--  using a Hall sensor for crank trigger and the replacement Trigger wheel inside the distributor for cam sensor -  this is about as simple as it can get -- TPS-- cam and crank sensors - water- IAT..  external MSD box for ignition- trigger from ecu- 

the vipec  v44 is off another racecar and with harness- i was going to use that harness to get started and -- noticed the issue today where pin 6 is 8v for my crank sensor on the V44 and now i see the monsoon says DI4/knock  can it be programmed for 8v?    

i bought the monsoon thinking it would be sufficient - but il be pretty disappointed if a 20 year old Autronic worked and I need to buy the storm now..  

the V44 will do everything but i wanted to have a "current" ecu. i just dont know much about the V44 and if i can rely on that long term- sometimes its a 1000 mile tow to a race and i dont want to be a DNF for something avoidable

40 minutes ago, GPMspeedshop said:

can this ecu not supply 8v? i cant find a full wiring schematic anywhere just the quick start guides

Correct the Monsoon does not have an 8V Output, Header pinouts are availabale in the quick start guide and the PCLink help manual. There are very few situations in which an 8V supply is required, most vehicles use 5V and 12V. If you need 8V you could wire in a voltage converter with suitable specs.

40 minutes ago, GPMspeedshop said:

i also have  a Vipec V44 as well is it possible to use a Link ecu and have the v44 as a spare? (where it will literally plug in at the track?)  this is a racecar Nissan  Ka24de NA approx 300hp.. 14.5:1 compression on 114+octane race fuel--  using a Hall sensor for crank trigger and the replacement Trigger wheel inside the distributor for cam sensor -  this is about as simple as it can get -- TPS-- cam and crank sensors - water- IAT..  external MSD box for ignition- trigger from ecu

The software between the Monsoon and the old V44 is different with the Monsoon having much more configurability within the software. There are some differences in pinout between the two as well so you would have to work within those differences.

the crank sensor is a Hall GT101 probably 20 years old i have a few new backups as well already with connectors attached--- i "thought" they were 8v as thats the power going to them from the autronic and the v44 was the same-- i was just going off the autronic wiring schematic for the car to redo it

but when i looked just now and not everyone lists specs--  efi hardware states its 4.5 to 24v  . mine are the 3 black wires coming out of it.. im pretty sure it was a honeywell brand way back- 

so its fine to run with 12v then-   as i believe the Cam sensor has a 12v added for its trigger wheel .. so i can split that wire to feed both sensors  or should the crank have its own power feed 

and i guess best to sell the vipec which would be fine for a different application